Talk

Advanced search

Paddling in Staffordshire?

(9 Posts)
llynnnn Tue 19-Jul-11 17:14:33

Hi, we are going on holiday to Staffordshire, just near Rugeley, in a couple of weeks smile and wondered if there's anywhere local and pretty my dd's could have a paddle?

The problem is, in my wisdom, I decided to book a holiday inland this year as we always holiday by the coast, plus we live on the coast too! So, I thought for a change we'd head inland and stay in the forest etc. However, dd1 has said she the thing she is most looking forward to on our holiday is paddling in the sea!! (as we normally do I suppose!!) hmm

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

WhipMeIndiana Wed 20-Jul-11 13:49:15

Is there water for paddling on Cannock chase? think there are deer there

llynnnn Wed 20-Jul-11 22:25:57

We are staying right by cannock chase, would be great if there was. Thanks for your reply

SillyOldHector Thu 21-Jul-11 22:23:10

There are some some streams that run though Cannock chase, but not sure exactly where. If you ask the local tourist office where 'stepping stones' is they should be able to direct you.

Also, there's blithfield reservoir which I think you can paddle in.

llynnnn Fri 22-Jul-11 21:48:56

Thanks, for your reply. That sounds perfect.

MrsS01 Sat 23-Jul-11 09:28:05

Ask for Severn Springs - there's a car park and a short walk to a stream with stepping stones ;)

patindahat Sat 23-Jul-11 23:42:28

www.staffs-wildlife.org.uk/page/the-wolseley-centre

llynnnn Sun 24-Jul-11 22:57:02

Great, thank you so much smile

twentyten Thu 28-Jul-11 19:01:29

wolsley bridge is brilliant and cannock chase is good too.
stafford has a brand new park-victoria park near the station which has excellent water/splash features.

Trentham gardens(a bit further) has excellent play facilities

Cannock chase has great visitor centres and play areas.Museum of cannock chase also good and free.

Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now