Talk

Advanced search

The Big Sheep, Devon...?

(5 Posts)
HauntedLittleLunatic Sun 17-Jul-11 22:51:51

Worth an hours travel from Minehead which is where we are holidaying.

What age range? Have DTDs - 10 and DD3 - 5

Ta

SuePurblybilt Sun 17-Jul-11 22:57:24

It's hard to say cos we're short of entertainment here in devon and our frame of reference is not hugegrin
You can feed sheep and pygmy goats roam overhead and freely. There is a wee train, good for the smalls, less so for the 10yo. There are pony rides, jumping pillows, a big indoor soft play, and lots of events like the sheep racing, ram show, herding etc. There are, I think, fairly good go carts and swing rides and perhaps a combat/paintball type game? I've not bothered with that as my DD is too small. Petting small animals and such. Usually some kind of craft fair.

It's very popular here and I would say it's worth the money. We've done it in the pissing rain and there's lots undercover so it's not a washout. I'd give it a go if you're into animals.

HauntedLittleLunatic Sun 17-Jul-11 23:04:59

TY. Am looking at getting Tesco vouchers for it....there doesn't seem to be much else in that area to use Tesco vouchers on....

feedthegoat Sun 17-Jul-11 23:09:40

The big sheep is one of our favourite family days out on holiday.

We ha ve had our last 3 family holidays in the Bideford area, despite the fact that we always said life was too short to keep visiting the same places. It is partly that ds loves the beach and rock pooling at Westward Ho and The Big Sheep.

Ds is 5 and loves it all from the play barn to lamb feeding. His faves this year were the sheep dog trials and the big bouncing pillows.

I have to say that I think the staff make the place what it is, they seem to have a lot of time for people and the shows are entertaining. Ds seems to think it is worth the drive from Yorkshire as he was horrified when we suggested looking elsewhere for this years trip - "but do they have a Big Sheep there?" was a stock response!

SuePurblybilt Sun 17-Jul-11 23:10:04

No grin. Maybe a tabletable dinner grin

I really like the big sheep but I have odd ideas of a good time so I am wary to rave about it in case you hate it! But I've been four or five times and it's always been good and DD has had a blast, she's nearly five.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now