Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for rainy days in North DevonH

(8 Posts)
knottyhair Wed 29-Jun-11 17:54:04

Hi. We're going to North Devon (staying in Watermouth Bay) in about 10 days time. Have plenty of ideas for things to do if the weather is fine but not sure about rainy days. Does anyone know the area well? Our DS is 7 BTW. Thanks!

PelvicFloor0fSteel Thu 30-Jun-11 16:34:29

I don't know the area that well as we've only had a long weekend there and were lucky with the weather but Newquay aquarium isn't too far away, it's not huge so probably more of a half day than a whole day out. Worth a look though.

Fingers crossed you get nice weather smile

PelvicFloor0fSteel Thu 30-Jun-11 16:37:02

Oh bollocks, I've got it confused with Watergate bay blush. Sorry!

SuePurblybilt Thu 30-Jun-11 16:43:23

The Big Sheep can be done in the rain grin Or the Atlantis adventure playground at the outlet village in Bideford I think has some undercover stuff for that age group. Prate themed

Depends how far you'd like to drive? Try googling Milky Way, Crealy, Cullompton digger land grin. Got to see Diggerland.

Towns like Exeter have all the usual cinema type things, smallish museums, Exeter has some caves of sorts. Loads undercover in Plymouth obviously, a v good aquarium and shopping, but it's a bit of a drive.

Unless it's actually tipping, crabbing, rock pooling, surfing, body boarding etc are all fun in the rain. It's beautiful here at the moment, fingers crossed for you.

knottyhair Thu 30-Jun-11 17:10:47

No worries Pelvic, thanks for replying anyway smile. Thanks SuePurbly, that's brilliant, and I look forward to "doing the Big Sheep" in the rain grin!

SuePurblybilt Thu 30-Jun-11 17:14:11

No bother, I am a one woman tourist board. Would your DS like Barometer World do you think? It's undercover! grin

knottyhair Thu 30-Jun-11 17:22:34

I'm not sure, it might be too much pressure <groan emoticon at terrible joke>.

gillybean2 Fri 05-Aug-11 16:19:44

We're going near there soon. I've been told that Croyde Bay has swimming at the Cascades - a cascading adventure pool with a giant 230ft flume, fun rapids ride, water spout, bubble lounger, jacuzzi, safe pools and waterfalls for the children.
So if there's a wet day we're planning on going at getting wet there instead grin
My understanding is you don't need to be staying there to go to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now