Talk

Advanced search

Paultons park /peppa pig world

(19 Posts)
TheHumanCatapult Wed 29-Jun-11 11:10:26

Hi has anyone been and can tell me if is good dd be 8 and ds3 be just 6 .Also how flat is it ?

xalala Wed 29-Jun-11 22:02:39

Went last Friday (tipped it down). 6 yr old will probably love it, 8 yr old may think it's a bit babyish. Mine are 4 and 1, both loved it, the 1yo could go on all but 1 of the rides.

The soft play area is fab if the weather is iffy, if it's sunny then the "muddy puddles" bit in the playground area is excellent, take swimmers/towels.

Food is rubbish standard for theme parks.

It's pretty flat, access is good, there were tons of pushchairs about but you can't take them into the ride queues.

itsastrawpoll Wed 29-Jun-11 22:04:05

Ooh, sorry to hijack but I'm going next Thurs. Were there big queues for rides xalala? How about getting in? Is it worth buying tickets on line first to avoid the queue to get in?

MavisCruetTheFairy Wed 29-Jun-11 22:09:08

Paulton's is fab but we haven't been since they opened Peppa Pig World so I can't comment specifically on that.

We have actually been on an August Bank Holiday Monday and the queues even then were perfectly manageable; any other time we've been they've been significantly better than "perfectly manageable". In fact low queuing time is a significant factor in its fabness.

I would strongly recommend getting advance print-at-home tickets to avoid having to queue to get in, though.

xalala Wed 29-Jun-11 22:36:35

We went on a Friday in term-time, so queues at the park in general were small/non-existant, Peppa world was the busiest bit but still v good - we didn't queue for more than 5 mins for any ride.

We got tickets online, very easy and worth doing even if the discount is tiny - though due to the quietness there wasn't a queue at the entrance anyway. There's a small tarmaced carpark right next to the entrance, other than that the massive carpark isn't tarmaced so when it rained, it was full of muddy puddles (Oh How We Laughed grin ) which made walking to the entrance muckier than we'd planned on.

The 4yo keeps asking if we've saved up enough pennies to go back yet... grin

TheHumanCatapult Thu 30-Jun-11 07:56:31

Thank you .

Ticket wise is ok as its a dream wish charity day for my youngest were doing monkey world the day before and no he does not know .think I am going to burst with excitement though grin

Ds3 is more like a 4 year old so glad that yours enjoyed and dd is easy pleased she may well go of with ds2 and explore the rest of park at some point

.Am glad to hear the queues are not to long either and flat is a relief as I am in a wheelchair and ds3 will be at least some of the time .Though ds2 is coming to provide pushing power for ds3 .Though am hoping there is tarmaced parking still available were going 27th July ,as otherwise I may get stuck opps

MissTinaTeaspoon Thu 30-Jun-11 08:01:33

There's disabled parking near the entrance on Tarmac, just say to the marshalls that you are in a wheelchair and I'm sure they'll send you to the right place.

The rest of the park is worth a look even for your little one - although dd loved ppw she says her favourite ride was the little rollercoaster called stinger! And take a picnic, the food is awful.

TheHumanCatapult Thu 30-Jun-11 10:04:31

ty

uh oh on food iscrap they ar eprovding lunch vocuhers .Now forwarned I shall take extra food with us from the breakfast at hotel first.Ds2 has very very hollow ;legs

itsastrawpoll Thu 30-Jun-11 12:48:38

Hope your DS is ok THC

itsastrawpoll Thu 30-Jun-11 12:49:04

Sorry, I meant healthwise, just because you mentioned it was one of those wish trips.

Catapult hola. It's perfect for you! Went with Bella at Easter and she loved it. Food is crap - definitely take a picnic, and there's plenty for your DD and DS2 to get up to within Paulton's Park as well. The Peppa bit will be fine for you and DS3 as well. They cater brilliantly for wheelchairs. As I think someone mentioned up thread, there's disabled parking very close to the entrance. Aw, have a lovely time - how are you getting on now you're back home? We're back home now after our trip and I appear to have left the sunshine with you there as it's cloudy AND raining on and off. Costa del Sol it is NOT!

ensure Thu 30-Jun-11 12:58:14

I didn't think the food was that bad for an amusement park! You can get 5 items plus a free piece of fruit for 4 pounds in the Peppa Pig cafe bit, so I got 2 children's sandwiches, two drinks and a bag of carrot sticks and an apple.
Thought that was good for 4 pounds. Basic but very cheap! And they had raisins or little chocolate bars or buns to choose from too.

MissTinaTeaspoon Thu 30-Jun-11 13:32:37

Maybe we went to the wrong food outlet then. Daddy Pig's cafe was really busy so we went to the one just outside ppw near the little train station and ended up with plastic sandwiches and crisps. The only fruit on offer were some very sorry looking bananas. The hot food was chicken nuggets and chips style.

TheHumanCatapult Thu 30-Jun-11 13:41:39

ty will be few days of treats so if needs chicken and chips it is

MavisCruetTheFairy Thu 30-Jun-11 18:19:44

The train station food is terrible, I agree. DH says that the eating establishment back nearer the entrance (I forget its name) is better, and Daddy Pig's cafe also sounds like a big improvement.

ensure Fri 01-Jul-11 23:55:30

There wasn't any hot food in DPC, but I think it was so reasonable I forgave the nothing-special-ness.

TheHumanCatapult Sat 02-Jul-11 08:24:20

isastrawpoll

Thank you ds3 has to cope with various health problems and sdisblites so his special school nominated him to a wish charity

Have had look at the menus ds3 should eat most things , ds2 is bottom less pit so anything goes .

Thank you for all the tips ,I can not wait till end of the month now ,will make sure camcorder running to catch his face when he realises and lots of tissues for me grin

olguilla Tue 26-Jul-11 13:16:59

is pepa pig world still on in august???

haribofan Tue 02-Aug-11 20:51:19

Yes it's open every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now