Talk

Advanced search

Cheddar Gorge or Wookey Hole? Anyone been recently?

(8 Posts)
Grockle Thu 23-Jun-11 19:58:29

I've just realised I can use my Tesco days out vouchers for Wookey Hole so it'd be cheaper but it looks SO tacky now (I went about 25 yrs ago).

Is Cheddar Gorge better?

DS is 5

TheHumanCatapult Fri 24-Jun-11 17:57:45

i would say wookey hole is not worth it ,we went last year with the dc they was 4 ,7 13 and 16 and honestly it was tacky the cave tour is done in groups an dthey was moving on to next before rest caught up .no time to look around and just look at the caves as was on to next bit .

Cheddar gorge wa smore value for money more to do and see and was not rushed and you can do more if its a all cave ticket and theres teh museum to .Also in the town go on the free dairy tour one of mine i think ate his bodweight in cheese samples a sthey was suprised how strong cheese he liked so kept giving him more

BitOfFun Fri 24-Jun-11 18:03:49

I don't know. Both of them sound like euphemisms for female genitalia. Are you turning your day trips? If do, I can recommend Lord Hereford's Knob.

BitOfFun Fri 24-Jun-11 18:04:11

Theming, sorry.

MissTinaTeaspoon Fri 24-Jun-11 18:06:34

I would rather go to Cheddar. I've been to both but years ago, we looked into them both and Wookey Hole has got terrible reviews and at Cheddar you get free cheese grin

HauntedLittleLunatic Fri 24-Jun-11 18:06:41

I think cheddar is a better all round day out, and when in the area we do both. Wookey seems to be aiming more towards family entertainment, cheddar more leisurely. If I had to do one of the other I would do Wookey with a younger family (say under 8-10 and cheddar with an older family.

TheHumanCatapult Fri 24-Jun-11 18:27:33

wookey the family entermaiment the fairies and dinosaurs are a 3 minut walk through my younger ones was like is that it ,Crazy golf needs to be paid for and chances are the so called circus is not on plus you ahve to exit through the arcade area .Paper mill at 5 he will nto be allowed to do they say 8 yet all they do is get some recycled papers strain it bang it turn out .You do not keep it gets chucked back in

Grockle Sun 26-Jun-11 19:05:58

Thank you all - we went to Cheddar in the end & was fab. DS LOVED the caves (but was scared in the Dragon Quest thing which was a bit weird) and we managed to do the Gorge walk, despite the slippery rocks & mud. We also saw one of the Peregrines and DS is thrilled . Am glad we didn't go to Wookey Hole - Cheddar was tacky touristy enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now