Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about AltonTowers...

(5 Posts)
snail1973 Thu 16-Jun-11 17:43:40

We are likely to be near Alton Towers over the august bank holiday. We have a petite (ie short!!) 5 yr old and a 1 yr old. Would it be worth going or is it really for older kids?

gallicgirl Thu 16-Jun-11 17:58:03

I think it would be a bit limiting for the one year old although there is a wide selection of rides and activities for younger children. Personally I think the entrance price is extortionate.

Whereabouts will you be and maybe I can suggest some other places to visit in the area?

snail1973 Fri 17-Jun-11 11:37:28

Thanks. Will be in Meerbrook, Leek. Any suggestions very welcome.

wasuup3000 Fri 17-Jun-11 11:56:39

Its free for 3 and under. They have a good sized toddler/slower ride selection. My 4 year old could go on many of the rides at just on a metre height. There are many 2 for 1 vouchers on food items or in shops at the moment for Alton Towers meaning you or your hubby/partner could get in for free, your one year old would be free so you'd only have to pay for one adult and a child.

NoCarbsBeforeMarbs Fri 17-Jun-11 12:07:17

I took DS to Alton Towers on my own last year when he was 3.
Quite a few rides for small children there, but it's a big busy place for such a small selection that you'd be able to go on. We spent a lot of the day riding around in a small tractor on old MacDonalds farm....

How about Gullivers Kingdom in Matlock Bath (think that would be the easiest to get to?) There's Warrington also, but think that's a lot further.
Geography a weak point of mine though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now