Talk

Advanced search

Gullivers

(2 Posts)
LordOfTheFlies Sun 12-Jun-11 01:53:48

Hallowe'en 2009 we took DS (now 11)and DD( now 9) to the Hallowe'en Extraveganza.
We went to Milton Keynes -about 1-1.5 hourse drive from us.
DCs in fancy dress of course.
If I'd read the reviews I wouldn't have gone TBH.But we'd paid about £45 for 2 adults 2 children.

They had a brilliant time.
I was worried DS would be too old but he enjoyed all the older child rides.
There were minimal queues and most times they went straight from the ride back on again.
It was a bit run down but nowhere near as bad as reveiwers made out.
Toilets were fine,clean and no queues
Food okay.We took a picnic for lunch then had pizza/jacket potatoes.Not any more expensive than you'd expect at these places.
Reveiwers said staff were rude. We found a couple were quiet/uncommunicative but most chatted to the DCs and a couple were really fun/friendly.
DCs could go on all the rides themselves while we watched./waved.
Finally there was a play (by the characters) and a really good fireworks display.
Worst bit was the drive home.Once I was on the M1 DH and DCs fell asleep.The toads!

Would definately recommend for younger children.Mine have said about going back but I think they are a bit ancient nowgrin

TheHumanCatapult Wed 22-Jun-11 09:57:26

Thank you dd age 8 wants to go desperatley and ds3 is 5 so sound slike they are the right age .Will probaly drag ds2 along incase they need adult to ride some of the bigger stuff ( i cant as akward to transfer from chair)

Dd is 122 cm do you think she be able to go on most rides she is a real thrill seeker

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now