Talk

Advanced search

Days out near Teignmouth Devon

(10 Posts)
LynneOx Sat 11-Jun-11 23:02:55

Will be on holiday in Devon with 2 DD 4.5 and 2 at the end of June. Any advice for good days out, local parks, places to eat with kids. Thanks

DorisDoesntDance Sun 12-Jun-11 15:17:41

donkey sanctuary in sidmouth and i think it's free too.

SuePurblybilt Sun 12-Jun-11 15:20:41

Teignmouth park is ace for children. It's on the sea-front, you can't miss it. We spent two days of our holiday there because DD wouldn't leave grin.

Dartmoor miniature ponies is good, a bit further inland.

Joycey29 Sun 12-Jun-11 19:14:10

Crealy near Exeter is fantastic! We had a creally good day as promised!

hels71 Tue 14-Jun-11 17:57:30

We have just returned from a week near there with our DD aged 3 and a half. I would second the park on the front in Teignmouth. We went on 5 days......because she loved it and kept asking to go back! She also enjoyed the beach there and having a few little rides on the pier then ice cream in the beechcombers cafe! (while DH and I had coffee and very good cakes as it was quite chilly!!)

We have also been to Living coasts in Torquay, Pennywell farm (which she especially liked), Paignton zoo, The rainbow funhouse soft play in Torquay (not my cup of tea really but DD thought it was great!!). on the steam train from Paignton and the museum of country life in Exmouth all of which are places we would visit again..and in some cases have been more than once as we have been to the area 4 times so far. Some are quite pricey though but then most places are these days!!!

I did hear something about a country park type thing in Torquay or near, where you just paid to park i believe, but i have never been and can not recall the exact details!

Bunbaker Wed 15-Jun-11 20:11:55

I second Paignton Zoo. Also there is a lovely steam railway from Paignton that travels to Kingsbridge. You can then get a ferry across to Dartmouth.

LynneOx Mon 20-Jun-11 22:57:02

Thanks everyone for the tips, especially Hels71 you have really go me in the holiday mood :-)

devonsmummy Mon 20-Jun-11 23:05:47

We spent a week in Torquay with DS 4 and Dd 21mths
Had lovely days at Paignton zoo and dartmoor minature ponies - look out for money off vouchers in the local days out leaflets!
You can ride a pony, feed lambs, hold rabbits, get up close to birds of prey, they have soft play, playground cafe and picnic area at the pony place. Kids loved it

hels71 Tue 21-Jun-11 13:11:01

Just to add that the playground in Teignmouth does have one of those areas with water...where you stand on a spot on the floor and water sprays out (do you know what i mean) so if your DC enjoy getting wet a change of clothes and a towel might be in order..!!!!!

LynneOx Tue 21-Jun-11 23:34:56

I know the type you mean, and forget the kids I love those splashy area's towel packed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now