Talk

Advanced search

Tintagel

(4 Posts)
cairogirl Tue 07-Jun-11 21:21:58

Thinking of a visit to Tintagel Castle with the boys (ages 3, 8, 10) Wondering what to expect; all I know is that it is a ruin! Would an afternoon there be long enough? Anything else close by that would also be worth seeing?

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jun-11 21:31:38

The beach is pretty nice nearby, restaurants a bit crappy. There's a national trust cottage IIRC. It's a tad dangerous with a three year old. But there is enough around to take up an afternoon (not a whole day).

Bunbaker Thu 09-Jun-11 21:14:23

Tintagel is brilliant. There isn't much castle to see, but the landscape/coastline is outstanding. I would keep a close eye on the three year old and don't let him run off. An afternoon would be sufficient.

mumoverseas Tue 14-Jun-11 13:55:57

I went about 10 years ago and absolutely loved it, it was fabulous and would love to visit again. Lots of cornish pastie/cream tea establishments nearby grin You could do it in an afternoon. There were some other nice castles relatively near, Launceston (sp?) I think was nice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: