Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

beaches 45 mins from Manchester

(11 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Thu 02-Jun-11 22:05:05

hi, any hidden gems? we usually go to Formby, fancy a change - any ideas (not Blackpool/Southport/Morcambe as been there and don't want a big resort, just nice beaches - a bit like Formby but somewhere different for a change? Preferably 30 - 45 mins from Manchester due to time constraints on this occasion. Thanks!

lilolilmanchester Thu 02-Jun-11 22:36:17

bump cos thinking of going tomorrow

said Thu 02-Jun-11 22:38:17

New Brighton? Is there still a beach there? I don't think there are many options other than Formby or Ainsdale. North Wales too far?

boysrock Thu 02-Jun-11 22:39:53

Well theres my suggestion gone! Ainsdale or the wirral ~ heswell or hoylake end?

boysrock Thu 02-Jun-11 22:46:42

Just checked. Heswell and thurstaston are the hidden gems there. Try visit wirral. Links on the phone are beyond me.

lilolilmanchester Thu 02-Jun-11 22:53:11

thanks boysrock, will check them out. Have you been to either?

If not, if anyone knows Heswell, THurstaston and Ainsdale who could choose for me (too tired to make a decision!)

Said, wasn't too impressed by New Brighton when we went there a couple of years ago. Carried on to West Kirby, which was much nicer. Would go back there again, just want to try somewhere different

millymae Thu 02-Jun-11 23:27:43

Only just seen this so may be too late to be of help. If I was going anywhere I'd probably choose West Kirby although it does get busy when the sun shines. Hoylake is OK - huge expanse of beach so plenty of room for children to run. Would give Heswall a miss - there isn't really a beach. Thurstaston is OK too and it's got the added bonus of the country park close by which offers some variety. There's also Church Farm http://www.churchfarm.org.uk/

On the way home call in at Parkgate for an ice-cream from Nicholls - well worth the slight detour.

cornsilks Thu 02-Jun-11 23:28:43

Formby?

cornsilks Thu 02-Jun-11 23:29:08

doh just reaD OP hmm

lilolilmanchester Thu 02-Jun-11 23:51:08

thanks and not too late millymae... I like West Kirby, just fancied somewhere different. LOL Cornsilk - I do love Formby, go there most years at least once, hence trying to find somewhere different! Children are teens so don't need play areas/farms etc. Tho they still like their buckets & spades!

careergirl Sat 25-Jun-11 20:21:06

Talacre Beach good for families

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now