Talk

Advanced search

The World Museum Liverpool

(6 Posts)
Mandy21 Thu 02-Jun-11 11:59:51

Am planning a trip there by train tomorrow (with 2 x 6 yr olds).

Any tips (apart from getting there early)?

Is there anywhere to eat a picnic (or can anyone recommend anywhere for lunch close by)?

Is there anything else close by that is family friendly (and perhaps outdoors given the weather forecast is so good)?

Thanks

ledodgy Thu 02-Jun-11 12:04:25

There is a picnic area inside but it is supposed to be hot and sunny here tomorrow so may be worth taking a picnic to St Johns gardens just round the corner. The walker art Gallery is also close by which has stuff on for children. If your children are anything like mine their favourite parts of the Museum will be the natural history centre, ancient Egypt and the aquarium.

Mandy21 Thu 02-Jun-11 12:42:47

Thanks Ledodgy - am hoping we'll get tickets for the planetarium too but am sure they'll love the aquarium.

Maytime Thu 02-Jun-11 19:49:27

Book the shows at the desk on arrival as places go quickly.
It is a brilliant museum - have fun!

Mandy21 Sun 05-Jun-11 21:25:04

Fab, fab fab.

Absolutely brilliant.

The Bug house, a show called Rock Pool Encounters and the Planetarium. My children (and me) absolutely loved it.

SO worth a visit.

AshleeB Fri 08-Jul-11 14:45:45

Hi,

I know this isn't about a musesum but as I am guessing your from liverpool,

There is some really good places in Liverpool to go..

There's a place called Move it Sefton.. which they do anything from football.. to Dance and swimming.. and lots more.. there's plenty of things to do with the children here

www.moveitsefton.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now