Talk

Advanced search

Tunbridge Wells???

(4 Posts)
madhousewife Mon 30-May-11 15:52:37

We are looking for a place to go in TW with some very active 3 year olds and a couple of under twos. We want some place that the kids can run around in while the adults can sit back and have a chat without having to entertain them the whole time or stop them from running in the road/pond/car park/cliff edge etc.

Any nice picnic areas with a play structure??? Or something with indoor facilities if it rains?

Bombus Fri 01-Jul-11 16:04:05

Bumping this as we are looking for a similar thing! My friends and I are meeting in Tunbridge wells as it is about half way between us (London and Rye). I've heard of Dunorlan park, but was hoping for more info.

lechatnoir Tue 05-Jul-11 21:52:10

You might have already met up now but for future reference: Dunorlan is lovely & great for climbing tree & running around but has a whopping great lake so if your 2 year old is anything like mine, you won't get much rest!! There is a great park called St James' which is enclosed with plenty for all ages inc a small sand pit & most importantly somewhere to get coffee!! We usually park at the bottom of Dorking Road just by the gate. Another good park/play area is Pennington Park in Southborough.

Other options (but not free) are Penshurst Place for a really great outdoor play area or Minor Mania in Bells Yew Green is a decent playcentre that also has an outdoor picnic area & climbing frame.
LCN

Bombus Thu 07-Jul-11 11:33:21

Thanks lechatnoir - that's of help to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now