Talk

Advanced search

Lower age limit at Thorpe Park / Chessington?

(8 Posts)
Fullpetaljacket Thu 26-May-11 22:04:55

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there's a lower age limit at Thorpe Park / Chessington, for example, under 2s go free? I've looked on the website(s) but can only find prices for over 12s and under 12s which seems a bit steep for a toddler.

Thanks!

Fullpetaljacket

Bellie Thu 26-May-11 22:07:20

I think it is under 1m goes free rather than age, as the rides are by height rather than by age. HTH

PatriciaHolm Thu 26-May-11 22:41:31

Children under 1m go free at Chessington, if they are over that then you pay child prices. Not sure about TP; there is considerably less for them to do there though!

cece Thu 26-May-11 22:45:21

Legoland is three and I think Chessington and TP are height related - 1 metre from memory.

TBH though there really is very little for littles ones to do at TP.

LordOfTheFlies Sun 29-May-11 00:46:32

Thorpe park is noisier and we felt more aimed at older children.We took DCs to Chessington when DD was 8 (she's tall) and there were probably 4 rides she couldn't go on.
Went in Easter hols (Merlin cards) but the queues for rides were horrendous.You can buy Q-Jumper passes we didn't think to sad)
I wouldn't bother taking a toddler to Chessington or TPark,
How about Legoland or Gullivers?

mummymeister Wed 08-Jun-11 18:31:29

Agree with lotf. Young children get much more out of legoland and it they are much more small child friendly. took eldest there last year at 12 and she was almost to old for it!

willow Thu 23-Jun-11 10:28:41

Thorpe Park is definitely aimed at teenagers - it's Merlins big thrill park - no point going with little ones.

wonka Thu 23-Jun-11 10:42:39

Paultons is fantastic for younger toddlers and children
here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now