Talk

Advanced search

What's Madame Tussauds like these days? Worth the money?

(8 Posts)
Hassled Wed 25-May-11 09:19:46

It would be with DCs who are 9 and nearly 13. Is it really worth £79.20 for a family group? I haven't been since I was a kid - is it still good? Thank you!

PrinceHumperdink Wed 25-May-11 11:21:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hassled Wed 25-May-11 11:31:28

Thanks - I guess half term is going to be hellish, isn't it?
I'd actually forgotten all about the Planetarium - that was brilliant.

PrinceHumperdink Wed 25-May-11 11:39:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lizcat Wed 25-May-11 13:47:35

We went Feb half term and to be honest if I had paid (Merlin cards) I would have been really disappointed it seemed to be best for late teenagers who got a kick out of being photographed with Lady Gaga etc. The best bit for us was the london taxi ride right at the end.

Hassled Wed 25-May-11 17:52:29

Thanks both - You've confirmed my fears which were a) too crowded and b) a bit dull. I can't bring myself to part with the cash for that. Will check out the Foundling Museum.

LordOfTheFlies Sun 29-May-11 00:54:13

We went purely because we had Merlin Cards. (Early May,Saturday).
Very busy but I was really surprised that you could touch/pose with the models AND I could recognise most of them!
The 4D cinema was an extra charge, DS wasn't fussed so we didn't go in (wish we had now)
DD took the "chicken-out" option from the Chamber of Horrors,so don't know who the models were but DH said people(staff) jump out at you.
Glad I went but I wouldn't pay to go.

smartyparts Fri 03-Jun-11 20:20:38

I took my dcs today. The waxworks were, on the whole, a bit pants. Whole place was rammed with rude, pushy French & Germans shoving the children out of the way. I was having ski-lift flashbacks!

My younger ds chickened out of the Chamber of Horrors - he could hear people screaming and he panicked!

They loved little 'cab' ride and the 4D cinema bit was fantastic - the highlight for us all.

Overall though, I wouldn't bother. Queue for those who haven't pre-booked was horrendous.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: