Talk

Advanced search

Peppa Pig World

(18 Posts)
TyNobdieJigz Fri 20-May-11 13:33:41

Hi has anyone been to peppa pig world? I am looking to take dd for her first bithday and ds who will be 3 and a half. For ds's first birthday he went to Thomas Land which was fun even at one years old grin
Is it any good, and has anyone stayed using the hotel package? Would you go again?
TIA smile

jester68 Fri 20-May-11 20:14:01

Hi! We went there a few days after it first opened with our 2 daughters. Eldest is 5 years old and baby is 11 months old.

We paid around £65.

It was extremely busy in the peppa pig part- but queus went down quite fast and it was well organised. There are loads of rides, a great indoor play area and splash pools. A few outdoor play areas scattered around including a sand pit type of place. The peppa pig shop was great!!!!

We had a great day out there and would go again in the future-but we are going to drayton manor with thomas land in a couple of weeks so hopefully that is good as well.

Oh,lots of places to eat/get drinks/icecreams etc at ok prices (well all quite expensive at these places anyway) but had nice picnic areas.

There was also a dinosaur land with model dinosaurs through a walkway which make sounds.

Also birds to look at.

All in all kept us busy for the day and was very nice. No idea about the hotel though sorry x

TyNobdieJigz Sat 21-May-11 21:37:06

Wow thank you, it sounds great!
Thomas land is great, the shop is good but expensive. Ds was 12 months and too young for most of the rides tbh. Have fun smile

PollFlanders Sun 22-May-11 19:48:51

Hi, can I crash in and ask about the 1m rule. Our DD is very close to 1m, especially in shoes but might well measure either way. Is it better to go whilst she is free, or will it restrict what she can go on?

meliesmummy Sun 22-May-11 19:59:05

We went last weekend and loved it! My dd is just below 1m so was free and the only ride she couldn't go on was the skyswinger, everything else was fine and she's a right daredevil so wanted to go on everything she could! My only complaint would be that the food is awful - take a picnic. My tip for the day would be do the rest of the park first, everyone headed for ppw so we only managed a few rides before lunch, but later in the day it was much quieter. The soft play area is fabulous, dd also loved georges dinosaur ride and daddy pigs cars. Enjoy!

PollFlanders Mon 23-May-11 07:02:47

Thanks. Just have to save up now!

Megmeg Thu 26-May-11 14:25:18

There is a Peppa Pig World!? My DS would love that, il have to do some investigating smile

Moodykat Sun 29-May-11 22:34:12

We had a lovely day out there and DS is desperate to go back again, if only it wasn't so expensive! DS is 2.5 and was even able to go on some of the other rides (non PPW) by himself which he loved!
Definately explore the rest of the park too though, there are some very comical birds!

RockStockandTwoOpenBottles Sun 29-May-11 22:51:38

We went there a couple of days after it opened and it was fab. DD is 2 and was in heaven. Queues weren't actually bad at all the day we went. I would recommend buying your tickets online as it saves a few £££, and taking a picnic. The food is shite and overpriced and there are plenty of places to eat picnics.

I can't recommend it highly enough. Definitely measure before you go and put your DC in the flattest shoes possible if height is borderline..but DD could go on everything in the Peppa bit at least. She still talks about it, and the fact that she 'met' Peppa. Going to go again for sure when we're over at the end of next month.

Pigleychez Tue 31-May-11 16:37:01

We were at PPW last friday with DD's 2.10 and 12mths.
They both LOVED it!
We were there from opening to closing. Under 1m is free entry. Only one ride has a ride restriction of 90 cm. Most of the rides in Paultons were 90cm minimum. DD1 was bang on 90cm so ok for the rides but still free entry! DD2 was able to go on on the other rides in PPW with us which was nice. DD1 wasnt measured for her height on entry at all so you may well not either.

Plenty to keep the kids amused and very well done. Agree that the food in was abit pants. The cafe (in PPW) did sandwiches, coffee, cakes ect but we wanted hot food so the nearest place was alittle stall that did hotdogs and chips. Not sure about the other resturant places actually in Paultons.

Girls got to meet Peppa and George during one of their apparences which they loved and theirs plenty of other photo opportunities throughout the park.

Thinking about returning again next year as its perfect for little Peppa fans! smile

Treat4me Wed 01-Jun-11 14:59:30

Hi sorry for my ignorance but where is Peppa pig land, sounds great and my daughter would just love it.
Thanks

Twiga Wed 01-Jun-11 15:47:45

Ppw is in Hampshire, not far out from southhampton, second exit off the m27 iircc. Not been yet but on out to do list over the summer. Not heard anything negative about it.

Twiga Wed 01-Jun-11 15:48:57

If you google ppw or paultons park, there's a pretty comprehensive site with directions etc.

smellyfeet Thu 02-Jun-11 12:06:01

Does anyone know of a cheap (SC) place to stay close by? I am thinking of taking DD (so just 2 of us) in September.

Treat4me Thu 02-Jun-11 22:07:06

Thanks for letting me know where it is, kids are so excited. We haven't booked a family holiday yet so thought lots of fun days out and perhaps weekend breaks would suffice. New Car came first this year I a, afraid.

ZoeMW Tue 14-Jun-11 18:41:20

Hi Everyone!

I really would love to go with my Daughter!! She isnt a HUGE PP fan but I think a theme park where there are lots of rides for tiny folk sounds brilliant!! Didnt want pay oooodddles of money to go to Chessington with a 2yrs old when there will be very little she could go on!!!

Do you think that going for 1 day from Surrey and travelling back the same day is doable!?

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes Tue 14-Jun-11 18:45:00

I would think so, I'm Surrey/Hants border and it takes about an hour to get there, if that.

ZoeMW Tue 14-Jun-11 18:50:24

ohhh great thank you! With petrol, ticket costs and then a hotel to worry about your talking a fair bit!! It all adds up although ticket entrance is reasonable as my daughter is still 90cm!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: