Talk

Advanced search

Cheddar Gorge or Wookey Hole for 3.5yo?

(6 Posts)
ElusiveMoose Tue 17-May-11 14:08:04

Off to stay near Bath next week, and would like to take DS1 (3.5) to see some caves. Trying to decide between Wookey and Cheddar. I've been to both, but not for years, and not with young children. So far, I'm mulling over the following advs and disadvs:
Wookey: very tacky, quite expensive and prob less fun for the adults; but, slightly nearer, DS1 might enjoy all the cod folklore stuff, and might be less taxing for little legs?
Cheddar: cheaper (because combo ticket with Longleat, which we're definitely going to) and more interesting for the adults, but some bits (the tower and the walk) maybe too much for a 3 year old? Also slightly further away.

But anyway - any advice most welcome. (Also, any recommendations of other things to do in the area with young kids very gratefully received.)

Miggsie Tue 17-May-11 14:11:08

We tried taking 4yo DD into a cave (not Wookie Hole) and she was terrified! Had to leave after 5 mins.

bamboobutton Tue 17-May-11 14:14:10

haha, wookey hole always makes me laugh<purile>

agree caves probably aren't a good idea at this age, i'd wait until he was old enough to appreciate it a bit more.

ElusiveMoose Tue 17-May-11 16:28:23

Hmm, maybe I should rethink. Any pre-school cave fans out there?

SaggyHairyArse Tue 17-May-11 23:15:50

Wookey Hole is fine for little ones, you go through the caves and then there is a dinosaur bit and softplay etc. Mine liked it!

Moodykat Sun 29-May-11 22:29:40

Took my DNs to Wookey Hole when DN1 was 3 and DN2 was about 8 months, the eldest loved it, the smallest wasn't in the least bit bothered!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: