Talk

Advanced search

CLAPHAM: Somewhere nice for lunch with baby and toddler?

(11 Posts)
franch Fri 21-Oct-05 09:59:56

Househunting in Nappy Valley tomorrow, think we'll stop for lunch somewhere - where would be nice? I'll be breastfeeding DD2, and DD1 is 21m and pretty noisy and restless!

Blondeinlondon Fri 21-Oct-05 10:20:43

Lots of good places on Northcote Rd - Crumpet is my fave.

manicmama Fri 21-Oct-05 10:30:19

If you are anywhere near Wandsworth there is a great restaurant called Ditto on East Hill with a soft play area for kids to go.

Raindog Fri 21-Oct-05 10:36:02

There's a place on Northcote road (or was) called Boiled Egg and soldiers which looked very child-friendly, but there are loads of places down there and BlondeinLondon says. Or Battersea Rise - there is a Giraffe restaurant there I think.

Nastylocketstheevil Fri 21-Oct-05 10:37:32

Message withdrawn

aloha Fri 21-Oct-05 10:38:55

Northcote Road is LOVELY. Lots of yummy shops as well as yummy food - gorgeous baby clothes and toys as well as nice things for grown ups. It's baby-tastic so you'll be fine anywhere there.

franch Fri 21-Oct-05 10:50:59

OK, will head for Northcote Road. Thanks! We have a Giraffe in N1 but sounds like there are lots of other options.

carefree Thu 25-May-06 19:46:22

Message deleted

spidermama Thu 25-May-06 19:50:40

The cafe on Clapham Common is brilliant. You can sit outside or in. There will be breastfeeding mums everywhere and there are also toys and books for little ones outside. The outside area is fenced off so you can relax, bf in the sun, and watch your toddler play.

I miss that cafe. (sigh!)

spidermama Thu 25-May-06 19:51:38

Northcote road is lovely but posh and pricey. The cafe on clapham common is home cooked veggie food, a bit of a festival vibe and about as child friendly as it's possible for a cafe to be.

carefree Fri 26-May-06 20:54:34

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: