Talk

Advanced search

Wizard of Oz - best seats for kids at the Palladium

(16 Posts)
anotherbusydayatwork Tue 08-Feb-11 16:38:27

Hiya...anyone taking their kids to see a show at the Palladium? Am I better off getting cheaper seats in the stalls or the ones in the Upper Circle that are about the same price (well bit cheaper but will we be miles away??)
Thank you!

janpa Wed 09-Feb-11 16:35:49

I always prefer the circle as they can see the whole thing whereas in the stalls they can find the stage too vast & find it difficult to know where to look.

anotherbusydayatwork Thu 10-Feb-11 14:31:52

Thanks Janpa that's good advice!

blametheparents Thu 10-Feb-11 14:34:48

Want to take DD, has anyone been yet?
She has the Wizard of Oz on DVD and loves it.

Billster Sun 20-Feb-11 14:27:35

Going in 2 weeks - will let you know how it is - dd is almost 7. Soooooo excited.

Heidi34 Wed 02-Mar-11 19:03:11

Want to take my daughter to see Wizard in August this year.
First has anyone another number for the Paladium please it is constantly engaged.

Also after a bit of reviewing on the Net have decided that the upper circle is the place to sit, has anyone been, can anyone suggest good seats up there.
thank you all for your thoughts.
Many thanks

Heidi34 Wed 02-Mar-11 20:30:19

Have just booked seats upper circle C27 & 28, middle block, hope we will be able to see okay...
Would appreciate thoughts!
Thank you

crazygracieuk Fri 11-Mar-11 20:28:45

Bump

Billster- what did you think?

shemademedoit Mon 14-Mar-11 08:26:37

I took my kids (7,8,11,12) just before it officially opened at the end of Feb. They loved it: it's really well done. I'd always say go for the circles rather than the stalls: the seats are more heavily raked, so the kids can see better. They also provide booster seats for the kids: there are loads, so don't worry about getting one. Also there's a couple of bits that happen above the audience (like in Phantom) so if you were in the stalls you wouldn't see it as well as in the circles.

crazygracieuk Mon 14-Mar-11 12:12:50

Thank you shemademedoit

Grockle Tue 15-Mar-11 20:16:51

I've just booked this for Easter - so excited! Just hope DS will like it!

LIZS Wed 13-Jul-11 11:40:56

Thinking of booking this for dd's bday - any more views on Stalls vs Upper Circle , are the £25 seats a reasonable view ?

MugglesandLuna Fri 15-Jul-11 19:31:32

We were on row C of the circle - good view and worth the money.

I would say that its quite scary in places and a few children around us were frightened.

MugglesandLuna Fri 15-Jul-11 19:32:35

Also, there are two programmes. A small one for £3.50 and a bigger, glossy one for £6.00. Dont waste your money on the big one as its just a phot book of the show - doesnt say anything about the actors or give a list of the scenes etc.

LIZS Fri 15-Jul-11 20:09:56

ooh good tip. Have actually booked now through Kids Week and have got centralish seats but towards the back of upper Circle.

LIZS Wed 24-Aug-11 12:41:44

Saw it last night and dd was entranced. Even sceptical ds(13) enjoyed it. Staging was great, performances seamless even with Sophie and understudy for Glinda, visibility good from Upper Circle, missed the action on really high sets on back area of the stage like the Flying Monkeys entrance but good view otherwise. Only real gripe was the number of latecomers admitted who then proceeded to faff around with who was sitting where and eating/drinking, some to-ing and fro-ing during the performance and adults chatting away. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now