Talk

Advanced search

Nearest seaside to SW London, by car?

(7 Posts)
franch Sun 02-Jan-11 11:57:03

I feel the urge to walk along a windy beach. Blow the cobwebs away, my mum used to say. So I don't need sand, just the water and maybe some fish and chips. We're in Clapham. Where should we go?

nancy75 Sun 02-Jan-11 12:00:19

Brighton is probably the easiest by car, through croydon and down the m23

MrsDmitriTippensKrushnic Sun 02-Jan-11 12:01:11

Quickest is Brighton I would say, it's where I would head to (am just down the road in Norwood) Sounds like a fab idea!

franch Sun 02-Jan-11 12:05:18

Thanks Nancy and MrsD. Thought as much. Should probably consider the train if we do that. Mm, I really fancy a day in Brighton!

pinkhebe Sun 02-Jan-11 12:05:24

actually I wouldn't go near Brighton at the moment too crowded! Head slightly east to a place called Rottingdean which has fab fish and chips and a walk along the front to Brighton Marina if you make it that far, otherwise stop at the cafe at Ovingdean for a lovely cuppa and cake.

Oh God I've just spilt the best kept secret in Brighton haven't I lol. We live in Brighton and NEVER go to the sea at a weekend/holiday

franch Sun 02-Jan-11 12:06:37

Ah, that sounds good pinkhebe!

MrsDmitriTippensKrushnic Sun 02-Jan-11 12:11:52

<<makes frantic notes before pinkhebe deletes local secrets>>

I already learnt to park (free) at the Marina and get that dinky little train to the Pier from someone on here smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: