Talk

Advanced search

Any good big soft play centres in West Yorkshire?

(11 Posts)
tinierclanger Mon 08-Nov-10 13:44:24

We need to keep kids aged 2-8 entertained, somewhere around Huddersfield ,Halifax... any ideas?

justabouttosellakidney Mon 08-Nov-10 13:45:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tinierclanger Mon 08-Nov-10 14:13:43

Cheers- will check them out.

nonicknamemum Thu 11-Nov-10 22:00:37

Jimmy Gees in Saltaire?

fivecandles Fri 19-Nov-10 21:10:18

Go to Eureka in Halifax instead.

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Nov-10 21:26:09

Fizzy Lizards in Huddersfield. V good food.

Havn't been to Cheeky Monkeys in a while, but I understand it's been done up and is much nicer than it used to be.

I'd go to Cannon Hall Farm though. A little futher out (a few miles S of Hudds on way to Barnsley), but brilliant day out, farm, palyground, park, cafe, fresh air, farm shop - what more could you want. DS (2) could spend all day in the playground.

Leapfrogs OK, v close to me, but a but big and rough and never my first choice of soft play. Cakes always stale too.

Safari Sam's at Honlye/Brokeholes too.

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Nov-10 21:26:24

Honley even.

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Nov-10 21:27:19

And Brockholes even.

TheBigZing Fri 19-Nov-10 21:33:24

The Zone in Huddersfield. Has massive slides, and a very big play area with 4 or 5 levels.

Fizzy lizards is nice but closes early (4pm) and only really suitable for young kids. Not much to keep an 8 yr old amused for long.

Leapfrogs in Skelmanthorp I really like.

Cheeky monkeys I haven't been to in a while because it's crap.

I second someone else's suggestion of Eureka in Halifax. Expensive but worth it.

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Nov-10 22:04:34

OF course, the Zone! My DS is 2 though and too big for baby bit but too small for big bit by himself, which means I spend a lot of time going round big bit with him, and steep, scary slides. Nice juice though.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 19-Nov-10 22:07:47

Jitterbugs in Littleborough is great, maybe a bit far though.

At the moment you get an annual pass when you pay for a day entry at Eureka (around £8 per person). Total bargain.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: