Talk

Advanced search

Any good big soft play centres in West Yorkshire?

(11 Posts)
tinierclanger Mon 08-Nov-10 13:44:24

We need to keep kids aged 2-8 entertained, somewhere around Huddersfield ,Halifax... any ideas?

justabouttosellakidney Mon 08-Nov-10 13:45:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tinierclanger Mon 08-Nov-10 14:13:43

Cheers- will check them out.

nonicknamemum Thu 11-Nov-10 22:00:37

Jimmy Gees in Saltaire?

fivecandles Fri 19-Nov-10 21:10:18

Go to Eureka in Halifax instead.

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Nov-10 21:26:09

Fizzy Lizards in Huddersfield. V good food.

Havn't been to Cheeky Monkeys in a while, but I understand it's been done up and is much nicer than it used to be.

I'd go to Cannon Hall Farm though. A little futher out (a few miles S of Hudds on way to Barnsley), but brilliant day out, farm, palyground, park, cafe, fresh air, farm shop - what more could you want. DS (2) could spend all day in the playground.

Leapfrogs OK, v close to me, but a but big and rough and never my first choice of soft play. Cakes always stale too.

Safari Sam's at Honlye/Brokeholes too.

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Nov-10 21:26:24

Honley even.

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Nov-10 21:27:19

And Brockholes even.

TheBigZing Fri 19-Nov-10 21:33:24

The Zone in Huddersfield. Has massive slides, and a very big play area with 4 or 5 levels.

Fizzy lizards is nice but closes early (4pm) and only really suitable for young kids. Not much to keep an 8 yr old amused for long.

Leapfrogs in Skelmanthorp I really like.

Cheeky monkeys I haven't been to in a while because it's crap.

I second someone else's suggestion of Eureka in Halifax. Expensive but worth it.

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Nov-10 22:04:34

OF course, the Zone! My DS is 2 though and too big for baby bit but too small for big bit by himself, which means I spend a lot of time going round big bit with him, and steep, scary slides. Nice juice though.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 19-Nov-10 22:07:47

Jitterbugs in Littleborough is great, maybe a bit far though.

At the moment you get an annual pass when you pay for a day entry at Eureka (around £8 per person). Total bargain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now