Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

blackpool or chester -which zoo is better ?

(11 Posts)
lunachic Fri 19-Aug-05 13:01:14

would appreciate feedback so i can choose which one to visit for ds' birthday thanks

trace2 Fri 19-Aug-05 13:04:08

chester best by a long way

chatee Fri 19-Aug-05 13:12:51

chester

lunachic Fri 19-Aug-05 13:12:54

thanks trace2
thats what i thought but had just found a leaflet advertising blackpoll saying it was the best in northwest (it would though !) and i thought id better check
know that blackpool had a really bad rep a while back hopefully it has changed since then

trace2 Fri 19-Aug-05 13:14:18

we going next week
have a good time

gigglinggoblin Fri 19-Aug-05 13:17:24

depends how old he is. chester has a lot more in it but we find it a bit overwhelming. blackpool has plenty and almost all the main animals but is much smaller than chester. it does also have a playground and a little train, whereas chester has a huge noahs ark thing to play on and a monorail type thing. chester also has a bat house!

lunachic Fri 19-Aug-05 13:26:24

deffo chester then for the bats
he is 3

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 19-Aug-05 18:15:32

Blackpool zoo is awful and I have issues with how it treats many of its animals, doesn't compare to Chester. Blackpool zoo does ahve a dinasour exhibition which is much raved about though.

spacecadet Fri 19-Aug-05 18:17:48

chester zoo by far, ive been milions of times, the monorail is great and the bat experience is fab.

Whizzz Fri 19-Aug-05 18:19:52

Lunachic - by co-incidence I have a couple of half price tickets for Chester Zoo but they need to be used before August 31st.

Chester Zoo is very good by the way (we are members, hence the half price tickets)

CAT me & I will post them out if thats where you have decided on.

PS: I can't go in the Bat House - too scared

mummytosteven Fri 19-Aug-05 22:15:54

chester by far. I think Chester is better than London Zoo in terms of surroundings for animals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now