Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anglesey and Lleyn Peninsular?

(9 Posts)
sunnyside Fri 19-Aug-05 00:48:19

Heading off there for a few days with DH and DS who is just walking. Where can we visit? Actually we live only about 50 miles away but to be honest I think you often miss the good days out that are right under your nose! Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Feffi Fri 19-Aug-05 07:01:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumtosomeone Fri 19-Aug-05 07:41:42

the sea zoo is quite good yes!
When i was nannying...many moons ago we holidayed in Abersoch and somewhere near there there is a beach that whistles!! The kids thought it was fantastic!! Whisteling Sands..cant remember where exactly!
Nice ice cream at Criceth too!!!

katymac Fri 19-Aug-05 07:56:46

OK can't spell...but

Tudweileog
great beach at nevfen & esp morfa nevfen
Whistling sands is lovely
Great rock pools (can't remember which beach - but most have some)
Walk out to see the seals at the golf club
Go to the place the prisoner was filmed - Port merion

mumtosomeone Fri 19-Aug-05 08:04:34

Port merrion is lovely yes!
Think the beaches are all ok too!
Is it Morfa Nefen that gets cut off by the sea?

stacijc Fri 19-Aug-05 08:13:28

we found the sea zoo really dull but if u combine with the farm thats next door it will use up an afternoon....treaddur bay has the best beach i have ever been to, its lovely....beautiful sand and lovely views.

If u know treaddur bay well, carry on past the main beach down the windy road that goes past the posh house on the left. About 1/2 miles down the road is a beach u ghet to down a steep slope, its SO nice and less well known so bit less ppl too.

castles yes but not witha little one if u have to take a buggy...no where for it to go we took ours when we went to beaumaris castle and we hd to take it in turns to walk round it.

sunnyside Sun 21-Aug-05 02:49:28

OOOh this is all sounding great! Stacijc - good point re castles and buggy, i'm so dippy it hadn't occured to me!

Pixiefish Sun 21-Aug-05 08:59:55

pili palas- butterfly palace
hen blas- arm
foel farm- farm
sea zoo
penrhos nature reserve- holyhead
promenade in Bangor- fantastic for letting litle ones toddle safely without being able to run away
welsh mounain zoo- colwyn bay
greenwood center- ust outside caernarfon
beaces all over the place- cable bay is beautiful as is newborough, los of tourists go to benllech, traeth lligwy- so you have touristy things there like arcades and shops whereas newborough beach itself only has loos.

Directions to the above can be found by googling the name but I have been to them all with a toddler/baby and had fun.

try here

You can buy a discount ticket as well for some of the Anglesey attractions. Not sure where or how you get it but if you phone the toutst information in llanfair PG - oh yes anoter place to visit to see trains and visit james pringle shop and see longest place name

Pixiefish Sun 21-Aug-05 09:01:02

loads of typos there sorry- laptop keyboard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now