Talk

Advanced search

Guys - your sling/baby rucksack recommendations please...

(7 Posts)
blondieminx Wed 22-Jul-09 17:25:18

I need to pick your lovely Dad brains please!

DH is a strapping lad of six foot five with a 46" chest - I'm worried about finding a suitable sling for him to put the baby in. Would be very grateful for your recommendations (and also to know if there are any brands that you've hated!).

Thanks! smile

HolyGuacamole Thu 23-Jul-09 14:02:52

Bump.

DadInsteadofMum Fri 24-Jul-09 11:34:44

depends what you want it for. If you want a baby rucksack for walking we used the karrimor super papoose and I found it very comfortable (I am only slightly smaller than your DH). If your are talking slings and carriers for around town, I never really found one that was comfortable they all appear to be designed for mums rather than dads who tend to be a tad smaller.

beardydad Fri 24-Jul-09 20:55:48

We never used a sling. We did have a Snugpak rucksack thing. Used twice (I'm a mere 5 11 btw!) First time in the sitting room I juuuuust stopped myself smacking DD into the doorframe despite bending right down. Second time I got all of 3 metres away from the house before she went screamingly mental.
I hope you have greater success Blondieminx !

blondieminx Sat 25-Jul-09 23:12:21

Thanks guys. Ok will take a look at the karrimor - am glad you found it comfy DadinsteadofMum! Beardydad was the hissy fit caused cos your DD wanted to be facing the other way? A friend's son loves to be pcked up as long as he is facing outswards to see what's going on in the room!

Keep the suggestions coming please Dads - I would be grateful for as many recommendations as poss! smile

ButterbeerAndLemon Sat 25-Jul-09 23:53:45

DH is 6'4" and has used

As everyday carriers:

Hug-a-bub wrap (for DS as a newborn)
Ergo (for DS when older and for DD)
Close Baby Carrier (for DD as a newborn)
Solarweave Connecta (for DD)

The Ergo is pretty clearly his favourite, I'd say.

As back carrier for walking:

Macpac Possum (he chose this one and has been very happy with it)

MoominMymbleandMy Sun 26-Jul-09 01:57:05

DH is 5'11" and has used/uses:

Eye2Eye mei tai
Daisy Chain mei tai
Bamberoo mei tai
Himmel mei tai
JoeySlings mei tai
Babyhawk mei tai
Ocah wrap conversion
Sleepy Nico soft structured carrier

We share the slings and he likes the mei tais best because there are no buckles to adjust when swapping over, and they're so easy to use. I'm only 5'2" so there's quite a lot of adjusting to do on a buckle carrier.

If you get your DH a mei tai I'd go for extra long straps as he is such a strapping lad.

We did briefly have a Vaude Jolly Comfort backpack but sold it because we weren't likely to get much use out of it as we weren't planning on any serious hill-walking in the near future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now