Talk

Advanced search

Could you maybe decipher this behaviour for me, please?

(17 Posts)
Streetlight Tue 14-Jul-09 08:17:14

Ok, well there is a nice man I know and he definitely knows I like him - but I'm not sure if he likes me back.

Every time we meet he kisses my cheek, makes a real point of it, when we say hi and again when I go. He always says I look good/ slim/ whatever at some point during the conversation.
The other day I hugged him, as I was upset about something, and he held me for ages and ages, without letting go or doing that back-patting thing, I was crying a bit, he just held on.

Every time I mention some other guy has been around he kind of gets this look, and asks if they are bothering me, and offers to come and hang around if so.

I mentioned I was looking for something and he hs basically been trying to get hold of it for me.

Also every time I see him, his friends/colleagues are always super nice and smiley to me. Which makes me a little uneasy!

And he always stops what he's doing to have a chat. And, he remembers EVERYthing I've ever said - which is seriously a bit unnerving.

Do you think this stuff indicates anything, considering he hasn't actually made any move to ask me out?

tennisaddict Tue 14-Jul-09 08:25:54

if he is single, ask him out on a date yourself

you will get your answer then

Streetlight Tue 14-Jul-09 08:31:39

But this is it...he knows I fancy him, I've made it very clear - I told him months ago, and he seemed pleased. But nothing happened...it's just lately the signals seem to have been escalating, and me asking him would be silly as he already knows iyswim. So I'm thinking he's not that interested, probably.

It's very frustrating.

beardydad Tue 14-Jul-09 10:02:11

I'd agree with tennisaddict. Just ask him out! Us men love a direct woman. Saves lots of faffing about and emotional timewasting on your part.
Come out with it!

Streetlight Tue 14-Jul-09 11:06:58

Oh I daren't. I have made it so incredibly clear how much I like him. But these are good signs, yes? I am happy to wait, just want to know if he is giving off the right vibes or I ought to forget it and move on.

donna123 Tue 14-Jul-09 11:25:13

Forget it and move on.
He may then have a case of "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" and finally make his move. Or he may not; in which case stop wasting time on him.

Do the super nice and smiley friends/colleagues know what's going on inside his brain?

Streetlight Tue 14-Jul-09 11:28:05

Hmm I don't really know them well enough to ask. Plus if he is edging towards some kind of affirmation I don't want to hurry him! (lol)

thanks btw smile

tennisaddict Tue 14-Jul-09 14:13:43

if you are absolutely sure you have made it 100% clear that you fancy him, and would be up to step up your relationship....

if he doesn't bite, perhaps he just isn't that into you

all the men I know, if given clear signals would be in there like a shot, he could be a tease who is secretly laughing at you behind your back

stop stroking his eho and cool right off

I am not a believer in silly games, give him this one chance to see you might actually move on, if no-go after a couple of weeks, I would keep him as a mate but start dating other blokes pronto

Streetlight Tue 14-Jul-09 14:45:21

Thankyou...yes I do worry about that aspect, that maybe he just likes the ego trip.

I don't have other blokes to date - I'm not really interested in dating for the sake of finding someone, tbh, I just like this bloke.

So, I'll cool off and see what happens.

tennisaddict Tue 14-Jul-09 14:58:36

good luck x

Domokun Wed 15-Jul-09 16:59:07

He sounds like he's definitely either into you, or gay. If he's not gay, then chances are that he's just very shy about taking the first move. Cooling off would send him the wrong signals in that case. I'd advise you to ask him on a date. If you don't because you're too shy, there's a good chance that he won't either as he's too shy, and then a potentially great relationship may be killed off before it even starts. If you've already made it clear to him that you like him (and bear in mind that women have VASTLY different opinions from men on what is and isn't obvious) then you've nothing to lose, have you? And everything to gain?

Pan Sun 19-Jul-09 23:33:52

he is gay and he wants you as a fag hag.

HolyScrotum Sun 19-Jul-09 23:37:20

Crying all over him was probably not a great move.

Brad79 Wed 29-Jul-09 10:08:48

i would say just grab the bull by the horns and just ask him out.

I know that I would love to be asked out lol.

Good luck and let everyone know how you get on.

morethanjustadad Wed 29-Jul-09 16:29:51

How about "halfway"... a midday coffee?

ihatethecold Wed 29-Jul-09 17:05:27

he deffo likes you, its so obvious, maybe he was frightened off at first and now he is trying to get close to you again.. no man remembers everything a woman has said unless they are trying to impress.
invite him round for a take out and glass of vino.. you will soon know if he's interested..

Kevlarhead Mon 03-Aug-09 19:58:25

He sounds like me; interested but shy, and possibly unsure you're that interested in him.

Ask him out. If he's into you, he'll bite your hand off...

(Me & the DW only hooked up after she dropped some crashingly unsubtle hints; I know that of which I speak...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now