Talk

Advanced search

Anniversary presents - Loves and Hates

(4 Posts)
spiralqueen Tue 30-Jun-09 14:42:17

DH and I are coming up to our first wedding anniversary. What gifts from your wives have you really loved or hated?

I know the standard advice that gets handed out on these occasions but they're usually written by women for women and I don't think you can beat going to the horse's mouth for inspiration.

(BTW: His loves - VDubs, DD, History/archeology)

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 01-Jul-09 03:54:22

He's your husband, you know his loves and hates, get him something he loves. All blokes are not the same.

ninedragons Wed 01-Jul-09 06:57:15

I think they've been discontinued, but I found an Emma Bridgewater mug on eBay with two VW Beetles on it for my Dad (huge VDub fan).

What about tickets to somewhere of great historical significance (Stonehenge, the Pyramids, Pompeii etc)?

quidnunc Wed 01-Jul-09 08:14:56

Not sure what to suggest here. You should have a decent idea about what he'd like/not like.

We have been very unimaginative and tried to use the traditional materials for each anniversary. The 1st is Paper. So, you could buy books/get some nice photos framed/tickets/etc?

I was given a large-ish frame, the ones with 5 photos (one in each corner + one in the centre), and some favourite photos. I loved it and still do.

I have only ever disliked gifts from DW when she hasn't thought about them - you can spot them a mile away!

Remember you could buy something for both of you - choose it together etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now