Talk

Advanced search

A chair of my own

(5 Posts)
CaptainPants Wed 04-Feb-09 11:58:26

My dad has a chair of his own. My father-in-law has a chair of his own. When ever we visit them we know not to sit in their chairs if they are in the room.

With the erosion of male rights over the years is it still appropriate that a man/dad should still be able to have a chair where he knows he will be able to rest his backside?

clutteredup Wed 04-Feb-09 12:01:23

I bought my DH a 'man's chair' for his birthday which is by the fire and he planned to sit on it and read the DC stories - reality is DC climb all over it and fight about whoits in it and he doeasn't get a look in - sorry , modern life!!

CaptainPants Wed 04-Feb-09 12:31:52

DW thinks I should have one but I don't want to get bossy over minor things like THAT'S MY CHAIR when there are more important things such as SHUT THAT DOOR and PICK YOUR CLOTHS UP.

The thing is am I contributing to the respecting your parents issue by not making sure DC give way to a grownups need to sit down?

By the way DW is just as bad at picking up her cloths and shutting doors as DC.

nickytwotimes Wed 04-Feb-09 12:33:40

Hmm, well, dh tends to be quite nomadic withthe whole chair thing, btu my late Father was a stickler for his chair.

We still own it. It is a high backed leather old fashioned thing. DH still will mot sit in it. It's been nearly 4 years!

WowOoo Wed 04-Feb-09 12:36:22

I have my chair. DH has his chair. Ds often sits on them and gets moved. We're horrible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now