Talk

Advanced search

anyone know a good campsite / bunk barn for a stag do?

(11 Posts)
kalo12 Tue 27-Jan-09 19:24:14

poss in north yorks or lake district or maybe wales,

with walks , pub, able to have a fire, lots of smoking and drinking for 30 somethings, and no strippers / slappers?

PuzzleRocks Tue 27-Jan-09 20:47:11

Bumping for you.

kalo12 Wed 28-Jan-09 09:52:41

anyone ?

DadInsteadofMum Wed 28-Jan-09 10:06:40

Have used loads over the years - smoking will be a problem but apart from that, where do you want to be? Lakes (north or south), North Wales (snowdonia) South Wales (beacons). Don't really know Yorkshire.

Best not to say its a stag do!

BigGitDad Wed 28-Jan-09 20:58:29

Try this
Not up north but in Dorset, very close by is a good pub that did do good food, also Bridport is nearby with pubs etc. We had a good weekend there a few years back and the cottage was plenty large enough, in fact our friends got some caterers to come in and cook the saturday evening meal for us which was delicious.
Plenty of walks nearby too.

cat64 Wed 28-Jan-09 21:01:29

Message withdrawn

kalo12 Wed 28-Jan-09 21:03:31

wow thanks will pass on to dh, but dorset may be a bit far. most of the party are coming from leeds.

dadinstead - any of those locations would be poss - any that you could recommmend?

BigGitDad Wed 28-Jan-09 21:16:17

www.somersalcottages.co.uk/about.asp Stayed here too actually very nice although a little way from any decent pubs. Basically there are three barn conversions very close to each other. uttoxeter Racecourse is nearby and we had a great day there.

nooonit Wed 28-Jan-09 21:39:35

We stayed for my friend's outdoorsy hen do at a camping barn near Leyburn North Yorks - slept 8-10 ish I think in bunk beds plus another room with big table, cooking facilities etc. Plenty of room for parking.

I think it was called Craken House Farm - was at end of a farm campsite. Basic and cheap but lovely, easy to walk approx a mile to Leyburn for pubs, easy access from A1 and not too far from Masham for trip to Black Sheep brewery.

Was about 5 years ago but might be worth investigating!

DadInsteadofMum Thu 29-Jan-09 10:02:39

This place actually doesn't mind stag does, can cater for a variety of numbers and a variety of standards of accomodation from single rooms through to dormitory style rooms. They do on site activities as well - might be a bit far from Leeds though.

In the Lake District I have used this place they are also relaxed about stag parties - self catering though.

Have a few more that might be a bit fussy about stag parties but let me know how many people and are you talking catered or self catering?

TeddyBearCoalman Thu 29-Jan-09 20:11:16

www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/aug/29/camping.uk

Looks Fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now