Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

men, yes you, help me out with dating lark please.

(13 Posts)
piratecat Sun 13-Jul-08 19:52:54

If you had recently split with long term partner, becuase you had falen out of love etc... would you be happy to be alone for some time?

Also if you had been alone,. then some cool woman came along and knocked you sideways with her charm, and you were intrigued, would you be tempted to go on a date?

Even if in your head you were not ready? Oh and this person, has a child and you don't, but you really are into her.

Flashman Sun 13-Jul-08 20:21:34

If she made me laugh yes.

DaddyJ Sun 13-Jul-08 20:34:53

Well, piratecat, if I were single and someone had knocked me sideways
I would definitely want to take a closer look!
Enjoy your date smile

piratecat Sun 13-Jul-08 22:10:16

thats the thing, no date has been asked for!! Altho he has mentioned it twice!

said he was busy this weekend, which is fine, but nothing definite was said. tbh i do think he is enjoying his freedom, and is living onhis own for the first time in many yrs.

In fact, I said 'well it sounds like you are content being single atm' to which he replied, 'oh no i reall ywant to go out sometime with you'

i am just impatient tho as this is a huge deal for me. Maybe he knows this, and wants to be sure.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

zippitippitoes Sun 13-Jul-08 22:12:51

arent men a bit more inclined to leave arrangements to the lastg minute

piratecat Sun 13-Jul-08 22:17:08

i guess so, and to be fair i have been lusting after him for months whereas i think this has been a bit out of theblue for him iyswim.

god i feel so silly and lets face it, till i noticed him ,more lonely than i realised, in a man/hug/nice way.

DaddyJ Mon 14-Jul-08 09:45:51

It sounds like he is well aware of you how feel
and the ball is in his court now. Fingers crossed smile

NomDePlume Mon 14-Jul-08 09:48:57

In fact, I said 'well it sounds like you are content being single atm' to which he replied, 'oh no i reall ywant to go out sometime with you'

WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS AND MAKE A DATE THERE AND THEN ?! It sounds like he was angling for you to ask him out.

NomDePlume Mon 14-Jul-08 09:49:11

sorry, I'm not a chap.

piratecat Mon 14-Jul-08 10:02:18

i just didn't want to make a fool of myself, sorry havent told whole story but i appraoched him in the week asking if he would like to go out. He said he'd get back to me.

Think i have made it clear enough, but am also thinking it may n ot be right time for him.

NomDePlume Mon 14-Jul-08 10:39:34

In that case, I think all you can do is sit back and wait it out, frustrating as it is ! You've made your position clear and he has said that he would like to go out but it sounds like time is the key issue here.

Try not to keep pushing it, you don't want to come over all Fatal Attraction on him grin

Pan Mon 14-Jul-08 13:32:11

Possibly he doesn't fancy you, but doesn't know how to let you know this...ooops??...he don't push him anymore...a squeezed bar of soap shoots out the grasp..and all of those useless analogies....

piratecat Mon 14-Jul-08 18:45:26

possibly yes of course. At the social school do the other day tho, he was just staring for about 2m hours at me!! which was very nice, and the first time in yrs that has hapened to me.

I will leave it and wait. It's only so weird and exciting becuae tbh it's 13 yrs since i had a new interest, as dh left some yrs back.

it's been fun, if anything, it has made me feel great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now