Talk

Advanced search

Male opinions needed!

(32 Posts)
SecretWife Sun 13-Jul-08 18:10:14

<waves to all the women who have had to open this to give their opinion! grin>

DH's birthday is coming up and, as always, money is tight and he is a nightmare to buy for - he always wants money to save for some random computer thing or other. I am fine with him having the money, but would like to give him something too.

So. Men. How would you feel about receiving a photo album of various scantily clad pictures of your partner? (assuming I could find a mate willing to take photos, and get some gok style ones so I don't scar him for life grin)

Perfectly happy to be told the idea is shit.

if it is shit - help me with other ideas.

mummyloveslucy Sun 13-Jul-08 18:27:39

Just make sure your kids don't find it!grin grin you may have some serious explaining to do.
(sorry, I know you said mens points of view but couldn't resist.)

Flashman Sun 13-Jul-08 19:48:55

Yeah I think it would be nice - if DW gave me one I would not say its crap. A cheap idea for you to improve the pics. Get one Hula hoop - put a peice of cane across the middle to strengthen it - then roll sivler foil over the hoop. Now you have a large light reflector. Then if you find a some sun - you use the reflector to light yourself for the camera. It is a much more natural looking light than a flash and softer.

SecretWife Sun 13-Jul-08 19:51:04

You sound like you've done this before Flashman grin!

lol @ the kids finding it - how to put them in therapy for years!

Flashman Sun 13-Jul-08 19:56:49

No my DW does not like posing for pics - and generally I tend to take macro pics but I do know that the biggest problem with pictures is the lighting. I am not sure what sort of camera you have but another good tip if able to to buy a defuser filter from Jessops if able - it costs ablout £5 ish (I think, years since I brought it - and that is nice of a photo)

SecretWife Sun 13-Jul-08 19:58:38

I have a feeling that the friend I am thinking of chatting up to take the shots will have done this before, but all advice is gratefully received!!

ranting Sun 13-Jul-08 20:04:09

Flashman, when you said hula hoop, I thought you meant a crispy snack ring, was wondering how you get enough light from a small potato snack to illuminate a person...... and then I twigged<<dim emoticon>>.

SecretWife Sun 13-Jul-08 20:05:42

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ranting Sun 13-Jul-08 20:09:29

blush that's not the worst bit, I then started wondering how you get a piece of cane through the damn thing. The mind boggles!!

Kimi Sun 13-Jul-08 20:10:00

ok have not one but too men at hand to ask and this is what they said.

1st DH said depends on what the partner looks like

DP said depends who is taking the pic's

but both said YES

SecretWife Sun 13-Jul-08 20:13:35

Lol @ "depends what partner looks like"!!! Looking a lot better than I have in a good few years wink

Who taking the photos - it would be a close female friend (what does he say to that??)

SecretWife Sun 13-Jul-08 20:14:12

Ranting - I have this image of you sat there all evening making teeny tiny reflectors with hula hoops and broken matchsticks grin

Flashman Sun 13-Jul-08 20:18:40

err the thing round the waist that spin is called a hula hoop still right?

ranting Sun 13-Jul-08 20:19:07

grin!! It is Sunday, my brain has obviously decamped to recuperate.

ranting Sun 13-Jul-08 20:19:39

Isn't it a hoola hoop?

SecretWife Sun 13-Jul-08 20:31:32

only on mn can we squabble about spelling on a sex thread!

Flashman Sun 13-Jul-08 20:40:03

No I have always assumed that they were spelt the same and the snack - Thats why I like MN - the things you learn!

Kimi Sun 13-Jul-08 20:43:07

Told DP it is a female frined and he did a raised eye trye of look and said I can not comment grin

DP has a very good camera by the way grin

ranting Sun 13-Jul-08 20:45:02

Just googled it, apparently it is hula hoop but is sometimes known as a hoola hoop, according to WIKI

Flashman Sun 13-Jul-08 20:47:56

So I have been fed false info and I was right in the first place down with MN!!! Of course I am not reading the second part of your post!!

ranting Sun 13-Jul-08 20:51:33

LOL!! <<grits teeth>> Yes, you were right.

SecretWife Sun 13-Jul-08 21:40:20

More opinions needed! As much as your squabble is enjoyable wink

I want a bit more of a cross section before I take the plunge wink

UnquietDad Sun 13-Jul-08 21:45:54

Sounds good to me.

Although one blurred photo of her snogging her female best mate in some dimly-lit bar would probably go down better.

SecretWife Sun 13-Jul-08 22:15:51

Lol! Mate would probably be up for that too wink

DaDaDa Sun 13-Jul-08 22:50:16

What would I think?

I'd think she'd taken some serious drugs and/or leave of her senses.

I'd love it though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now