Talk

Advanced search

I think my wife is cheating on me

(5 Posts)
NedA3678 Mon 10-Feb-20 17:04:17

I have never posted here before but I'm not sure who else to ask.

We have been married now for nearly 15 years and it has been a largely happy marriage with 2 young children but over the last year or so something has changed. About 18 months ago I lost my job which supported both of us as she doesn't work and ever since she has always seemed unhappy with me. I wasn't unemployed for long but my new job doesn't pay anywhere near as well and she hasn't forgiven me, saying I have ruined the family.

Since then she has been spending lots more time with her 'friends', normally this would be fine but she says these are new friends who I don't know and whenever I ask to meet them she says I wouldn't like them. Whenever she see's these friends, she either won't come home until late or sometimes not until the next morning, she says this is because they live far away from us but I don't think I believe her. It also seems like she is on her phone more than normal but when I confronter her on all this she just laughed and said I was paranoid (I have always been a paranoid person).

Does this sound bad or am I just being paranoid like she said. I still love her and I'm not sure what I would do if this was true.

Namechange112349033939838319 Mon 10-Feb-20 17:06:32

Hmm this doesn’t sound very good sorry, OP sad I think it’s time you have a good chat with her

chrisski33 Fri 21-Feb-20 00:42:39

Sounds fishy tbh. How did u lose your job? Why would she be unhappy with you if it wasnt your fault?
Can she not work?

BigFatLiar Thu 27-Feb-20 11:47:12

Doesn't sound good. I'm sure there's lots of posts in the divorce/separation area about getting everything ready just in case.

TurkeyBasterHopeItWorks Sun 15-Mar-20 16:35:37

I agree sadly OP that this doesn't sound good. It also doesn't seem like your wife is supportive of you. Do you want to stay in your marriage? Are you happy?
As has been said get your ducks in a row just in case and work out what you want.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »