Talk

Advanced search

My Partner's childs dad

(11 Posts)
Ldndad Wed 08-Jan-20 17:09:04

Hi all looking for advice.

My parents children dad has stopped seeing his two kids, 4 and a 2 year old.

He is a very controlling man, he was having them but just before xmas he rang my partner and gave her abuse over loud speaker when the kids were in the car with him.
They heard it all, swear and shouting at her.

He comes on a Friday and drops them on the Sunday every other weekend.

He blocked her from everything, so she cant text or ring, this has always been the way.

He has hiked for a week and she is unable to speak to them.

So she recently emailed him stating she does not want the kids hearing them speak to her like this and wants a pick up and drop off time.
He has ignored all emails, and phone calls.
He was picked the kids up for his last two weekends.

The oldest is asking questions now and we just keep saying daddy sick at the moment.

He isn't sleep up 3 or 4 times a night always are not sure if this is due to him not seeing his dad.

We don't know where to go from here.
We don't no if he is going to see them again, we have no way of contacting him

Any advice would be great

Ldndad Wed 08-Jan-20 17:13:26

Blocked not hiked

SebandAlice Wed 08-Jan-20 17:17:44

I would tell your DP not to try to contact him any more. Unfortunately you cannot make him see them. I don’t know what you should say to the 5 year old. Hopefully some one with more experience will be along shortly.

june2007 Wed 08-Jan-20 17:21:17

Can she Email again asking if ok and is there a reason why not kept up contact saying children are wanting to see him and can they reinstate the previouse arrangement? 9keep it short and sweet and about the children.

inwood Wed 08-Jan-20 17:22:18

Do you mean you partners children's dad?

Ldndad Wed 08-Jan-20 17:42:42

We have tried this and a voice message from the boy

Ldndad Wed 08-Jan-20 17:43:08

We've tried but nothing

Ldndad Wed 08-Jan-20 17:43:41

Yes

Ldndad Wed 08-Jan-20 17:44:43

Thank you.
We just want him to be part of there lives

Clangus00 Wed 08-Jan-20 17:55:44

Let him be.
You can’t force someone to have a relationship with anyone, including their children.
Does he pay maintenance?

Ldndad Wed 08-Jan-20 18:39:14

Yes but only for seeing them ever other weekend, we haven't informed the csa that he hasn't seen them for his last 2 weekends

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »