Talk

Advanced search

Separating before birth of first child

(2 Posts)
talllad Mon 16-Sep-19 20:49:18

Hi all. First thread on here but I definitely need advice. My girlfriend and myself are expecting our first child together and I am extremely excited..well, I was. Within a few months of being pregnant my girlfriend said she was having doubts about us as a couple and has wondered whether she should have even conceived without me (donors). I am being supportive and understanding towards her as it could be her emotions and hormones during pregnancy, but it has obviously floored me and is making the pregnancy experience a very unhappy time. I guess I wanted to hear other peoples experience (from BF or GF) and if they have experienced anything like this and whether they endured and came through it or whether they split before the birth. It is devastating to think we would split before the birth, I can't get my head round things at all. I have never cheated, have been fully supportive and am a loving boyfriend towards her. I feel I am a burden to her at the moment and wonder if separating would be best for us but most importantly, for the child. The anxiety of the environment the baby could be possibly born in to really worries me and I would love to hear from people and their experiences.

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Mon 16-Sep-19 20:50:25

Has she given any reasons for her doubts? How was the relationship before the pregnancy?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »