Talk

Advanced search

Travel Changing Mat - as a baby shower gift??

(5 Posts)
Ernestcjk Tue 28-May-19 15:29:55

Hi all,

I have a really good friend who is expecting soon (very soon) and I have been invited to her baby shower. At first I was delighted to come but I just found out from my wife that I have to get something (Sorry! I really am clueless!)confused. And I was looking on Amazon.co.uk for ideas.

My friend really enjoys travelling and mentioned before that she would love to do it with her baby (I felt that it was a bad idea...). But anyhow, I was thinking that she might need a travel size changing mat as I can imagine that the cleanliness of the toilets with baby changing facilities are questionable at times.

I was hoping to get some advice about:

1) Whether this is a good idea and do new parents actually use them?

2) Any recommendations? I saw these 2 on amazon and kinda liked the idea of the 2nd one as you could access baby wipes from the front.

- ]]

- ]]

Would love to hear back from all you lovely folks out there. Thank you so much! smile

SinkGirl Tue 28-May-19 15:30:38

The skiphop ones are great

Ernestcjk Tue 28-May-19 15:34:29

Like this one?

www.amazon.co.uk/Skip-Hop-Pronto-Changer-Chevron/dp/B00B7XUVOE/ref=sr_1_8?s=gateway&crid=2YBEE11ARJMFN&keywords=portable+changing+mat&sprefix=portable+changi%2Caps%2C136&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1559053968&sr=8-8

Any thoughts about this one? I felt it might be better as you can access baby wipes from the front.

www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Portable-Changing-Foldable-Diaper/dp/B07R96QR38/ref=sr_1_167?s=gateway&crid=1TA68WO647O3O&keywords=portable%2Bchanging%2Bmat&sprefix=portable%2Bcha%2Caps%2C271&th=1&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1559052807&sr=8-167

SinkGirl Tue 28-May-19 15:38:51

Yeah that looks good too. It’s really handy when you don’t want to lug a whole bag to the loo. I don’t usually like one front access ones as they’re usually zipped and don’t work well but that looks good smile

powershowerforanhour Mon 10-Jun-19 19:24:11

I was given a skiphop one as a handmedown which I really like (and use as an everyday change mat at home too, I didn't bother getting a normal change mat)

If you want to splash out more get a babymule bag which includes a changemat. I got one on recommendation and love it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »