Talk

Advanced search

Scheduling time with the kids

(6 Posts)
Nik1975 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:03:49

Hi all.

Hoping someone can help. I have split with the ex for 3 years now.
Ever since we separated I've had the kids every weekend, all bank holidays, Easter breaks, Halloween breaks, etc.

I've recently become engaged to a wonderful woman and we are currently looking at ways of scheduling time with the kids. We are trying to free up 2 weekends out of the month to have a bit of a life.

Can anyone give us advice on how they manage the kids schedule with an ex? Is it one weekend on one weekend off?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

crazyconfused Thu 07-Mar-19 20:24:06

How old are the dc? And why doesn't she have them at one weekend?
Also I think you having a new partner isn't a good reason to bring to your ex.

mrsk28 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:28:52

Why does your ex not have the kids for any weekends at all?

Could you suggest giving her one weekend to begin with and see what she says? And definitely don't mention it's because you and your girlfriend want some free time together

Nik1975 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:36:28

the kids ages are 9, 6 and 5. I've always felt the need to be there for them as the ex quickly moved on.
Under CSA rules I'm down as having the kids 2 to 3 nights per week. If I don't have them on a weekend then how should I make up the nights?

mrsk28 Thu 07-Mar-19 20:45:50

You would have to take them for a couple overnights midweek on the weeks where you don't have them on the weekend I would imagine. Is that something that would be practical for you? Then your ex could take them that weekend?

Nik1975 Tue 12-Mar-19 15:06:36

Hi there. I work full time. Would you suggest taking them one or two nights mid week? I don't have much of a support network as I'm Canadian and on my own.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »