Talk

Advanced search

A BAFTA for Justin

(20 Posts)
CaptainCasual Tue 03-Jul-07 14:03:17

I recently got in touch with the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, as you do, to find out if Justin Fletcher (CBeebies Mr Tumble and other brilliant stuff) had been given an award, amazingly he has not. He is the greatest childrens TV entertainer since Brian - how can a man appear so happy all the time - Cant. Apparently his employer needs to nominate him for the award which costs money. If the BBC are not going to nominate him they should at least give him his own show on BBC1 on a Saturday evening.

What do you think?

By the way I have a DD1 and a DD2 both under 7 who also like Justin and I dont work for the BBC.

cba Tue 03-Jul-07 14:05:00

I totally agree with you, ds1 6 ds24 and dd2 think he is wonderful, as do I. I only have to mention he is on the tv and they sit still . wish he did childcare.

hippmummy Tue 03-Jul-07 14:14:02

LOL at recently got in touch with BAFTA!

CC - you may not work for the beeb but are you a relative of Justin? Or are you Justin....

BTW I think he's great too!

CaptainCasual Tue 03-Jul-07 14:27:59

I'm not Justin or a relative of the great man.

binkleandflip Tue 03-Jul-07 14:29:18

Deffo not before time - the man's fantastic. Just the fact that you can say Justin and children nationwide know who you mean is testament to his greatness!!!

CaptainCasual Tue 03-Jul-07 14:41:06

How about Mr Tumble OBE then or Sir Tumble?

Rhubarb Tue 03-Jul-07 14:43:11

Can I just interrupt your musings of Sir Justin to ask of your thoughts on this topic please? We are accused of being sexist so your viewpoint would be helpful.

I thank you and leave you with Sir Justin!

hippmummy Tue 03-Jul-07 14:46:08

I love that DS1 (who's nearly 4) has only just worked out that Justin and Mr Tumble are the same person, after nearly 2 years of viewing.

LazyLine Tue 03-Jul-07 14:55:33

You have to PAY to be nominated for a BAFTA?

CaptainCasual Tue 03-Jul-07 15:07:03

Who ever nominates you has to pay, no idea now much. Maybe they will take play money for someone on childrens TV.

Daddster Tue 10-Jul-07 22:20:11

Sorry, I know Justin Felcher works very hard, but until he lays off the pies, he's not a good example to children.

When he ceases being a salad dodger and becomes the understudy to Sportacus in Lazytown (without any special effects to help him out) he'll get my vote.

Alternatively, he could immortalise himself by doing a Richard Bacon or does something else to derail his career as a children's presenter in spectacular fashion.

Any suggestions for something outrageous Justin could do to really put himself out there, like admitting that he is DaddyCool on this thread?

Piffle Tue 10-Jul-07 22:23:26

OBE petition

BocoBeak Tue 10-Jul-07 22:25:11

Thanks Blu. AA say i'm not covered [heartless bleeding bastards leaving me to the mercy of the cows!]

I've called the beavers and they're sending a few round, they need the cow wrestling badges.

And called NHS direct to say i'm a little chilly.

BocoBeak Tue 10-Jul-07 22:26:07

Oh. Ok see what i did there. I fell on the wrong thread.

Sorry Bye.

Got i hate justin. His face drives me mad - all the gurning and the vibrato singing. awful.

satine Tue 10-Jul-07 22:34:32

Wow - however did you get all those petition signatures? Are they all MNers?

Beauregard Tue 10-Jul-07 22:36:26

Justin Smushtin
GGGGGRRRRR

donnie Tue 10-Jul-07 22:43:22

he makes me want to chew razor blades he is that awful. Awful voice, awful phoney smile, awful everything - the idea of him being given some kind of award for his awfulness is just risible.

KerryMumbledore Tue 10-Jul-07 22:44:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BocoBeak Tue 10-Jul-07 22:45:45

Yes exactly! I can't bear it. When he does mr tumble, and baby tumble, and the worst of all is when he does grandpa tumble and he makes his teeth whistle when he speaks.... i just want to break things! And in higgledy piggledy house, when he does all that sticking out his bottom and gurning....raaaaahhhhh!

PussinJimmyChoos Tue 10-Jul-07 22:46:15

I like Justin! Ok his facial movements are exaggerated but you have to remember that on Something Special, its a prog aimed at SN children and they love animated faces! I'm profoundly deaf and as a child, the more animated someones face was, the better for me as it enriched the lipreading experience so a big thumbs up for Justin from me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: