Talk

Advanced search

Any one know of any house husband meet up groups for my partner

(12 Posts)
sallymadge Fri 22-Jun-07 20:08:48

Hello all, I'm writing on behalf of my partner who is househusband and father to our beautiful 7 month old son Yuri. He is finding househusbandry a bit isolating and would love to find out if there are any househusband meet up groups out there in the London (particuarly SE London area). Would be grateful for any information of that description.

WakeUpCall Fri 22-Jun-07 20:18:38

I noticed a mens-meet-up poster at my local SureStart last week.....maybe google your nearest one and give them a ring?

tribpot Fri 22-Jun-07 20:20:43

There's a website called Home Dad he should check out. I can't remember if sfxmum's dh is still a part-time SAHD, I'll check though and let you know!

sfxmum Fri 22-Jun-07 21:58:33

hi dh no longer does this he also found it hard to meet people since it was mostly mummy baby groups but i think activities such as swimming or monkey music welcomed him and he did see other dads there
this in west london

Gumbo Fri 22-Jun-07 22:08:32

My DH is a SAHD, and also struggles to find groups like these. The last one that he went to left him feeling like he was one of life's rejects - which is ridiculous, since he deliberately gave up a good job to spend time with our DS!

Anyway, I know there's one in the Wimbledon area (which DH hasn't been to, so hopefully it's not like some of the others).

We live in Wiltshire - but are in/around London often; there's very little out this direction, but I know there are a lot more in London.

Sorry - not a great deal of help! But check out the web, there's quite a few sites for SAHD's.

EricL Fri 22-Jun-07 23:52:52

I used to take the wee one to a Mothers and Toddlers group and i felt like a complete reject which surprised me. I'm a friendly confident guy but i felt like a spare part as they didn't make me feel welcome at all.

Didn't last long. It's a shame cos i know there are a lot more of us around nowadays and i thought most women would respect that. I'm sure they aren't all like that - but that was my unfortunate experience.

I am interested that there could be mens groups around - i might enquire again about it in my area. Didn't think men could be bothered to organise that kind of thing!

noley Mon 25-Jun-07 19:48:32

Hi, there is a group in Wimbledon, dads'n'littluns, who meet every Monday and Friday morning, 10 - 12. They are a great bunch of people who will make newcomers very welcome.
You can google them or google Christ the King Church Wimbledon.
If he goes tell them Noel says Hi.

RomySchneider Thu 28-Jun-07 13:36:52

My dp is in the same boat, looks after 14 months old dd. If anyone in Islington/Clerkenwell or north/central London would be interested to meet up occasionally please let me know!

Dinosaur Thu 28-Jun-07 13:38:58

Lots of dads and babies/toddlers at our local drop-in, The Round Chapel in London E5 (including my own DH and his best mate who lives round the corner and is also a SAHD).

If you google Round Chapel you'll get the details. Really not that far from Islington.

Mum2BenjyElizaNel Mon 23-Jul-07 16:49:31

hi dinosaur, we've just move to E5 and my dh stays at home half the week - when is the round chapel thing on? I've googled but no joy. Thanks

Daddster Fri 27-Jul-07 09:37:21

Here you go! Looks like Saturdays at the Round Chapel at 11am.

Daddster Fri 27-Jul-07 09:46:09

BTW, I think remain at home dad (RAHD) sounds more funky than a stay at home dad (SAHD) or what about "dad always rearing kids lots of responsibility domestically" or DARKLORD for short?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: