Talk

Advanced search

A Shopping List for Dads/Men?

(14 Posts)
Windybob Wed 21-Nov-18 09:17:19

I hate doing the grocery shopping, and hate using a shopping list; which the wife insists would make me remember everything better.

However, I found this article about making a "men's shopping list" to solve various "man problems" (their words, not mine)!

Some of the suggestions seems quite interesting. Makes me think that maybe the wife is right and using a shopping list would actually make doing the groceries less painful.

The suggestion of using a shopping list app has piqued my curiosity, too, as I'd never considered using one before: didn't even know they were a thing (although, why wouldn't there be an app for that). And maybe being able to use a shopping list app on a smartwatch will convince the wife to get me one this Christmas! ;)

Thoughts?

TastelesslyDone Sat 24-Nov-18 14:02:06

Yeah, using a shopping list really does the business. Paper, pencil, done.

Carpetglasssofa Sat 24-Nov-18 14:05:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SillyPsychicAcid Sat 24-Nov-18 14:09:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

CosimaNiehaus Sat 24-Nov-18 14:11:47

What’s special about a men’s shopping list? Is it penis shaped? Or just bold?

This whole post with its repeated terminology reads like a lame SEO ‘expert’ having an attempt to attract traffic / Google ranking for a lame story about man shopping (whatever that is).

I didn’t click it just in case ;)

Carpetglasssofa Sat 24-Nov-18 14:13:15

The article advised men that if they wrote a list they were less likely to forget stuff.

Carpetglasssofa Sat 24-Nov-18 14:13:48

SillyPsychic Your grocery shops must be nicer than mine wink

Windybob Mon 26-Nov-18 08:59:05

Yes, it seems to make sense and will give it a try it and see if it helps.

I like the idea of a smartwatch app, but in all honesty how much more effective can it be over sticking to pen and paper? Maybe I'll do a search for some shopping list apps first and try them out to see how they work on my phone first before badgering the Mrs smile

mybumpismostlypudding Mon 26-Nov-18 09:03:55

If my DH suggested he needed a smart watch to complete a simple task (that I manage with a scrap of paper!) I'd think he was a moron confused

epicclusterfuck Mon 26-Nov-18 09:07:35

Meal planning is going to blow your mind!

NewGrandad Mon 26-Nov-18 15:43:58

The problem with the lists that my wife writes is that they're never in the order that the aisles are in. Ups my step count but........

FiveStoryFire Mon 26-Nov-18 19:04:59

Meal planning is going to blow your mind!

^^ Yes! OP there are apps for this as well!

MrBuscuits Wed 28-Nov-18 18:49:07

My Mrs WhatsApp's me the shopping list for the frantic dash around Aldi beforehand grin no need for apps for it hmm

Windybob Mon 10-Dec-18 11:23:01

Agree with you NewGrandad about how irritating it is when stores change layouts.

As for meal planning, I suppose I'll get into that when I get into that.

But overall, it looks as if people have many different ways of dealing with the groceries, from pen & paper to Whatsapp. I suppose if it works best for you, then it works best for you.

Been trying a few shopping list apps, and they're helping. Alas, none of them are perfect. I suppose I'll find what works best for me eventually!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: