Talk

Advanced search

can straight men and women just be friends

(29 Posts)
unfaithfull Sat 16-Jun-07 00:22:08

do any men out there have good female friends (not just their partners friends) that they don't secretly fancy ?

Flamesparrow Sat 16-Jun-07 00:24:39

ooh interesting...

themildmanneredjanitor Sat 16-Jun-07 00:25:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Sat 16-Jun-07 00:25:14

themildmanneredjanitor Sat 16-Jun-07 00:26:26

littlelapin Sat 16-Jun-07 00:27:29

themildmanneredjanitor Sat 16-Jun-07 00:29:00

euphoniumhumper Sat 16-Jun-07 00:30:30

"Had my dream again where I'm making love, and the Olympic judges are watching. I'd nailed the compulsories, so this is it, the finals. I got a 9.8 from the Canadians, a perfect 10 from the Americans, and my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount. "

themildmanneredjanitor Sat 16-Jun-07 00:31:02

DavidGest Sat 16-Jun-07 00:31:06

Only the ones I've already had Oh, hello wabbit.

newlifenewname Sat 16-Jun-07 00:31:27

I constantly have this debate with one of my male friends. He is coming round to my view that it is NOT possible.

Or, rather, it is possible to have the friendship but not to eliminate sexual attraction. Whether one acts on such feelings is another matter but I think we have to deal with the fact that it is inevitably there.

themildmanneredjanitor Sat 16-Jun-07 00:31:32

TranquilaManana Sat 16-Jun-07 00:32:08

right up till they shag, yeah, sure.

euphoniumhumper Sat 16-Jun-07 00:33:38

Hi DG

"No you didn't. A Sheldon can do your income taxes, if you need a root canal, Sheldon's your man... but humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name. 'Do it to me Sheldon, you're an animal Sheldon, ride me big Shel-don.' Doesn't work. "

themildmanneredjanitor Sat 16-Jun-07 00:35:57

Flamesparrow Sat 16-Jun-07 00:36:16

I miss my male friend

(Not that I ever plan/planned to do anything with him!!!)

unfaithfull Sat 16-Jun-07 00:45:50

flame sparrow explain please ( why you miss him what happened?)

UnquietDad Sat 16-Jun-07 00:47:15

I have female friends. They are old friends from university days from before I met DW. They all now have husbands, who are now also my friends and DW's. Our children are all friends. I don't think it's so bizarre.

Flamesparrow Sat 16-Jun-07 00:50:01

We just haven't seen eachother in a long time - I had babies and forgot how to be me, now I have found me again, he's gone

There was a teeny bit of fancying on my part though - never anything on his side afaik!

hatrick Sat 16-Jun-07 00:50:11

Message withdrawn

ScottishMummy Sat 16-Jun-07 00:55:24

imo and experience male friends nad females with no hidden sexual chemistry or cha cha cha - of course why not

i have male friends i have worked with and still see no hidden chemistry or wishful chachacha - just great a supportive graet set of confidants,friends,boyfriends and dads..not rocket science - just friendship

friendship is emotional,cognitive,and intellectual not necessarily sexual

TranquilaManana Sat 16-Jun-07 01:04:54

was being flippant.
is ridiculously generalistic to say yay or nay.
of course its sodding possible.

DaddyJ Sat 16-Jun-07 08:13:42

Bit like asking
'Are there any politicans with integrity?'
or
'Can you be a Footballer's wife and still have a personality?'

Answer is Yes. But it's quite special!

EricL Mon 18-Jun-07 12:01:01

It all depends on the dynamics of each relationship. I have a few female friends and they are all just that and have ended up becoming friends with the missus (which is always better i think).

I haven't been in the position where my other half has been uncertain or uncomfortable about it though. I can imagine that would cause a few problems.

kittylette Mon 18-Jun-07 12:02:18

No.

Something will always come up (so to speak)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: