Talk

Advanced search

Match Affinity - dating site

(4 Posts)
safeordangerous Fri 12-Oct-18 17:22:33

Just signed up to this site for 3 months. Seems a right pile of crap. Thought it would be alright as appeared to be sister site of match.com which I understand is at least reputable. Have already cancelled automatic renewal but am stuck for 3 months.

Does the site actually work. Are there other beings there on the site or just usual spam!

Interesting to know from both a male / female perspective.

Does anyone know dating / hookup sites that are genuinely worthwhile

thanks

MissConductUS Fri 12-Oct-18 20:31:44

Caveat emptor on the dating site.

I met DH on match.com, but that was a long time ago.

Relatively few women are looking for a no strings hookup compared to the number of men, so that's going to be a long shot.

Have you tried speed dating? At least then there's some face to face contact.

dieseldriver Thu 18-Oct-18 08:56:16

The're all the same. Sign up as a free member, and your inbox fills up. Only catch is have to become a paid member to read them. So you think OK, lets see what they have to say and part with money. Only to discover most one word messages. Like hello, Hi, etc. Reply and once again, one word or one sentence messages. None with any indication of interest to meet. Click on 'who's viewed me' (if site has it), and surprise surprise, not there!
Worst offending sites are those owned by White Label Dating. WLD owns lots of different dating sites, and the computer generated profiles do the rounds.
So you sussed its not all its made up to be and cancel. Low and behold your inbox fills up again!
To see who the site owner is, scroll down to the small print. Like T&C's, disclaimers. Also for some interesting information about WLD, google search them

SingleDadReally Sat 12-Jan-19 21:26:26

I’ve had about 6 months on Plenty of Fish. It’s quite good for chatting to women. I’ve been on a few dates and even got my leg over! The main problem is the women on it. I think most of them think they’re going to hit on a no-baggage George Clooney lookalike immediately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »