Advanced search

She won't let me see my son

(7 Posts)
WantingToSeeSon Mon 22-Jan-18 14:06:16

I'm writing on behalf of someone else (he is reading this).

His girlfriend was pregnant before they split up.

He saw the baby the day he was born, but couldn't hold it, due to medical issues.

She did not put his name on the birth certificate.

She has arranged visit days, he's booked days off work and then she's cancelled them.

He has not seen his baby son since the day he was born and has never held him.

He has been paying for nursery fees.

What should he do next? He doesn't have a lot of money for solicitors, but can find some if needed.

violetmartini Mon 22-Jan-18 14:33:00

Tell him to keep all evidence of his requests to see his son and of her refusals. Go to a solicitor and get advice, they will even explain how you can go to court yourself without a representative if you can't afford one. You can apply for parental responsibility and access at the same time if I remember correctly. There is some good advice online if you have a look but I can't remember the websites off the top of my head. Good luck

WantingToSeeSon Mon 22-Jan-18 14:43:44

Thanks. I'll pass that on.

WantingToSeeSon Mon 22-Jan-18 18:21:42

Has anyone used the families need fathers website and contacts?

MrsBertBibby Mon 22-Jan-18 18:26:39

He needs to refer himself to mediation (legal aid available) and if that fails, apply for a child arrangements order. Form C100, court fee £215, fee remission form is ex160 (All forms on Ministry of Justice website.

Ideally talk it through with a family solicitor after mediation and before issuing, to ensure he is being realistic.

He should get on with it, delay is not his friend.

He can also apply for parental responsibility in form C1 (same source). He should do that too.

Families need Fathers is s good site, also CAFCASS and Resolution.

WantingToSeeSon Mon 22-Jan-18 18:59:30

Excellent. Thanks for that.

Scorpvenus1 Mon 17-Jun-19 11:48:51

stop paying for stuff and cut her off, the balance of power will switch and then you will be hounded, and probably from the csa

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »