Trying to get Pregnant without consulting

(19 Posts)
Searchist Tue 15-Nov-16 12:43:00

I'm 99% certain my wife is trying to get pregnant without telling me (yes I know it takes the two of us)

I've been fairly clear this isn't what I want in the past and feel her doing this is pretty low.

What do I do?

Blue2014 Tue 15-Nov-16 12:45:16

Talk to her about it. And use a condom

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Tue 15-Nov-16 12:47:31

How do you think she's doing it? And why do you think she's doing it without telling you?

Have you asked her about it? How long have you been married?

If you don't want a baby then abstain or use a condom but remember no birth control is 100% effective.

GrabtharsHammer Tue 15-Nov-16 12:47:37

Stop having sex with her.

Searchist Tue 15-Nov-16 12:57:25

We'd been inactive for ages for various reasons. Tried to talk about it with her. It was very difficult.

Suddenly out of the blue we were very active for a few days 2 weeks before her period was due then nothing.

Feeling used after being so open about my feelings and not getting much in return.

I'm definately keeping it in my pants as a starting measure. This is feeling really deceitful. Got big decisions to make.

Wolfiefan Tue 15-Nov-16 12:58:46

You don't make big decisions if you're 99% sure. Talk to her. If she's desperate for kids and you don't want them it may be the end.

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Tue 15-Nov-16 13:19:06

So, you didn't use a condom?

Loads of women get more 'urges' around/during their period, why do you think this time it was specifically to get pregnant?

AllTheBabies Tue 15-Nov-16 13:21:06

What kind of birth control are you using?

Personally I only really feel like sex when I'm ovulating.

Yoarchie Tue 15-Nov-16 13:23:11

What has happened?

If you feel as though you need to avoid having sex with your wife due to reasons of incompatible life plans, I think that it's time to divorce her.

Soubriquet Tue 15-Nov-16 13:24:43

You make sure you're protected

Buy your own condoms and keep them safe. Make sure you wear them

Talk to your wife.

PurpleDaisies Tue 15-Nov-16 13:25:47

Is it just this one occasion where you had sex mid cycle?

Soubriquet Tue 15-Nov-16 13:26:36

I'm another one who only wants sex during ovulation

Dh always looks forward to it.

No more babies are on our cards though

Raineau Mon 28-Nov-16 19:53:45

I think you should talk to her. If you truly believe that this is what is happening then this is a really distrusting thing for her to do.

Maybe if you really don't want children use other forms of protection.

Why do you think she is trying to get pregnant?

SaltyBitch Mon 28-Nov-16 19:58:07

You can't have sex with her if you can't trust her.

Sounds like you both want things that are too different and it is probably time to call time.

Did you discuss kids before marriage?

IdidntAskToBeBorn Thu 08-Dec-16 20:40:28

Communication is key. I'm sure it's just been a long time coming and she now has he urge to have sex.

Use a condom and continue having sex. If she doesn't allow you to use one then ASK why

Childrenofthestones Sun 01-Jan-17 00:57:18

Just the situation the male pill is ideal for.....and just the reason it will never make it to the market.hmm

Sweets101 Sun 01-Jan-17 00:59:04

Have you thought about sticking a condom on? It is your knob after all. Seems so simple confused

Sweets101 Sun 01-Jan-17 01:00:10

Just the situation the male pill is ideal for.....and just the reason it will never make it to the market.

Ha!

alltouchedout Sun 01-Jan-17 01:04:10

Use condoms. Or don't have vaginal sex. Talk to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now