Talk

Advanced search

Rugby World Cup

(17 Posts)
GiveMeSomeSpace Sat 17-Sep-11 15:16:55

What a performance by Ireland - didn't see that coming! Really turns things upside down.

I'm quite liking these early kick offs - clearly the early starts fit in well with the kids.

Not sure how many other Rugby followers there are out there, but I guess this will be the test.

MistyB Sun 18-Sep-11 01:05:16

Yayahhhh!!!

I am a bit disappointed that none of the other Irish Mumsnetters have been cheering on here but maybe they are all still punching the air and hitting the punch!!

The boys in green sure did kick aussie ass today and did themselves very very proud!!

Awesome result!!

Ireland, Ireland, together standing tall, shoulder to shoulder, we'll answer Ireland's call!!

GiveMeSomeSpace Sun 18-Sep-11 09:24:07

Agreed - great performance.

Not so sure I can say the same for England this morning. A win - but not a convincing performance. Would be nice to keep hold of the ball for a change and get more disciplined in the break down - the penalty count was embarrassing. Thought Georgia payed well.

BelfastBloke Sun 18-Sep-11 10:03:39

I was really pleased about the Ireland result; shame I didn't get to see it.

GiveMeSomeSpace Sun 25-Sep-11 14:39:11

Oh my Lordy!! What happened to Scotland! They will be pretty upset with that loss - that was way below par. Looks like it's the end of them for another 4 years.

As for the All Blacks - that performance against France was a masterclass. I can't see anyone coming close to them - and the Betfair odds seem to agree!

isabellarockerfella Sat 01-Oct-11 21:23:45

Come on Wales!!

GiveMeSomeSpace Tue 04-Oct-11 20:27:01

Wales, are looking very, very strong Isabella!! It's gonna be one hellova quarter final. The odds say that Ireland are favorite, but I must say, given form, Wales are my pick! They looked so professional against Fiji - ok, not much of a test, but still a fantastic performance.

Hopefully see you in the semi final.............

isabellarockerfella Tue 04-Oct-11 21:50:49

The last time Wales played Ireland we won so..... Im so excited!!! Ogi, ogi, ogi!!

BigGitDad Wed 05-Oct-11 17:57:52

Big rugby follower here. Surely Ireland must be slight favourites v Wales given their win over Australia, but it will be a close game.
Argentina v All Blacks? Could be an upset here if the Argies get stuck in and ruffle the AB's. Do not forget Dan Carter is out of the tournament now.
Not sure about England v France, both teams are crap! grin

GiveMeSomeSpace Wed 05-Oct-11 23:04:08

Beating the Wallabies was a big result BigGit but I think Wales have the edge right now. I think Warburtoin will run the show in the loose.
Argentina/All Blacks - NZ by 30 points
Not so confident about England though. Consistency is not our strong point.

GiveMeSomeSpace Thu 06-Oct-11 13:27:16

Flood in for Tindall - I think that's the right call but does raise the question why Flutey hasn't been included in the squad.
Not sure Easter above Haskell is the right call, but I suppose they bring very different skills and Haskell will come on for impact.
Will throw my toys if Stevens doesn't sort out his discipline.
England by 10 points......
BigGit if you think the Argies are going to cause NZ problems, there are some very tasty odds out there at the moment on a low points margin win.

BigGitDad Fri 07-Oct-11 11:18:15

You are pretty confident GMSS. Flutely did not show any form in the games he had for Engalnd prior to this world cup that is why he was dropped, shame as he is a class player on his day.
I know what you mean about Easter, I am not a big fan of his, when the going gets tough he is not your 'go to' man as the pundits are fond of saying these days. Haskell offers more physicality, though he was a bit clumsy with the hands last week maybe that had something to do with it. (Maybe Easter is the better bunjee junper?)
Hmmm might have a look at the odds though I am not really a betting man. 30 points though? That'll make Argentina look crap!

GiveMeSomeSpace Sat 08-Oct-11 10:26:46

Well - all over for another 4 years. Beaten by a far better team - no question. Can't believe that France team lost to Tonga last week.

Come on Wales! Fantastic performance.

isabellarockerfella Sat 08-Oct-11 11:02:35

Yippee, weren't we fantastic!!!

BigGitDad Mon 10-Oct-11 11:01:08

That was crap. It saddens me that in four years or whatever of Johnson in charge we really do not seemed to have moved on. Time for a new coach I think.

GiveMeSomeSpace Mon 10-Oct-11 21:40:15

Could not believe some of the selection decisions. Haskell on the bench. Then when Croft comes off, they bring on ...... Lawes!!!!! at blindside. What was that about.
I would love to understand how 15 guys playing for their country can't get the motivation up to put in a performance until half time. Shameful and very upsetting to watch.

GiveMeSomeSpace Sat 15-Oct-11 23:05:18

That has got to be one of the worst refereeing decisions I have ever seen. Shameful stuff and has made a joke of the competition IMO. To all our Welsh buddies out there - you have our sincere commiserations..............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now