(13 Posts)
themildmanneredjanitor Mon 06-Jun-11 17:36:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

themildmanneredjanitor Mon 06-Jun-11 17:40:56

themildmanneredjanitor Mon 06-Jun-11 17:50:08

MoreBeta Mon 06-Jun-11 17:54:14

I'd prefer you to book it and surprise me.....but not really annoyed if you paid for it and told me to book it.

themildmanneredjanitor Mon 06-Jun-11 18:00:04

MoreBeta Mon 06-Jun-11 19:34:36

Can you dress it up to make it a surprise?

For example, if it is a car driving race track day then you could give a small present related to the day (eg key ring, driving gloves) with the brochure and a cheque stuffed inside with the phone number to ring to make the booking.

KingofHighVis Mon 06-Jun-11 19:38:59

Can she book it herself, or does she need you to identify dates or something. Obviously it would spoil the surprise, but is there a reason?

AlmostGivenUp Tue 07-Jun-11 05:39:17

I'd accept it in the spirit with which it's intended and book it and enjoy it. I'm guessing it's something that he's interested in? If so, I think it's a bit unfair to gripe about it.

themildmanneredjanitor Tue 07-Jun-11 08:13:33

nocake Tue 07-Jun-11 12:45:36

I think I'd like it to be more of a surprise so how about arranging some activites for the weekend (picnic, trip to the seaside) as an excuse to drive it. Tell him about the activities then arrange for the car to be delivered to your house that morning.

If you're worried about making the booking do you have a friend who can help?

themildmanneredjanitor Tue 07-Jun-11 15:41:20

Toadinthehole Sun 12-Jun-11 05:44:03

I wouldn't mind if it was a present I wanted.

UKSky Sun 12-Jun-11 21:55:36

I know how you feel about this. You don't want to choose the wrong car. I did something similar for DP. I gave him his gifts and made up a certificate on the computer with all the details on the let him choose the car. He much preferred it that way.

Can you call the company to pay for it but let them know that your DH will be calling to arrange which car? So you don't just have to tell him to organise it, but that you have organised it all except for the choice of car which you have left to him so he gets exactly what he want. He's a man, he should really appreciate that you have given the gift a lot of thought in that it is something he really wants, but that you have left the really important bit (which car) up to him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: