Talk

Advanced search

Catching train with bike

(6 Posts)
FullLaundryBasket Tue 12-Jun-18 06:47:59

Hi,

I need to catch a train with my bike around 4.30pm on a weekday. I know it's a long train. Never had to get a train with the bike before. How do I know which part of the platform to wait at? I know that at least 2 bike spaces are available on the route.

DrDreReturns Tue 12-Jun-18 06:54:38

Ask a member of staff in the station. 4.30 should be ok but I'd avoid taking a bike on a train at rush hour.

BikeRunSki Tue 12-Jun-18 06:59:13

Check the train company rules a out taking bikes on the train. Some don’t allow it at all, some want you to book in advance, some have times to avoid etc. It’s a bloody nightmare travelling on a train with a bike in the U.K.

GrumpyOldMare Tue 12-Jun-18 07:06:26

I use the train to get to work with my bike.

Wait at any part of the platform,as the cycle carriage can be at any part of the train.Watch the train as it comes into the station and you'll see a picture of a bike on the doors or just beside it.

NotAnotherJaffaCake Tue 12-Jun-18 07:12:17

Definitely check with the train company before travelling - some don’t allow bikes at peak times, space or no.

MrPan Tue 12-Jun-18 07:21:34

There should also be stickers on the carriage for bikes wheelchairs and prams.

Some commuters get really uppity when they one across a bike. In the bike carriage. Poor things.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: