Talk

Advanced search

Centreparcs biking with a 2m old

(14 Posts)
ilovewinterpansies Sun 15-Oct-17 18:54:46

I'm off to Centreparcs for October half term with my 3 DS's - 5 years, 3 years and 2months old.

Is there any way to safely cycle with the baby?!? I've googled but can't find a solution.

Sophieelmer Sun 15-Oct-17 18:56:00

Nope, they are too small for bike seats and trailers! You’ll have to take a pram or sling and walk.

PotteringAlong Sun 15-Oct-17 18:56:50

No. They're just too tiny.

NorthernLurker Sun 15-Oct-17 18:57:56

The only thing you could go is put baby in car seat and secure car seat in trailer but it needs to be smooth paths.

AeroPress Sun 15-Oct-17 19:02:50

No way. Their head and neck can't support a helmet. Trailers roll far too easily. It's not worth the risk.

NorthernLurker Sun 15-Oct-17 19:49:59

Well no actually trailers don't roll, they are far safer than bike seats in fact, and the Dutch cycle with very small babies.

ElizabethShaw Sun 15-Oct-17 19:51:39

Car seat in a trailer is the only way I think.

AeroPress Sun 15-Oct-17 20:48:26

Maybe the Dutch have different ones to Oz? I've seen several catch the edge of the path and flip. Terrifying for the kids, but at least they have helmets on to protect their heads.

SpeckleDust Sun 15-Oct-17 20:53:57

We go to Center Parcs every year (Sherwood) and never bother with a bike. We bring our children’s bikes but they are a bit older and are ok to cycle ahead of DH and I walking. CP is not do big that you need a bike to get around. Just take your pram for the baby - there are covered pram park areas to leave them near the pool.

ilovewinterpansies Sun 15-Oct-17 21:11:13

Thanks all. I suspected as much but just wanted to check.

Northern - I've also heard that there are some clever European contraptions for very small ones but looks like they haven't made it here!

Esssa Sun 15-Oct-17 21:19:46

Nevermind the baby. I can't see cycle saddles being very comfy 2 months post birth. I don't find them comfortable the rest of the time!

flumpybear Sun 15-Oct-17 21:39:45

My husband f used to bike and chariot with our eldest who was 3 and I walked with the pram

RandomMess Sun 15-Oct-17 21:56:41

The mums in NL that I knew cycled with their babes in wrap slings.

EskiVodkaCranberry Sun 15-Oct-17 22:37:10

My ds broke his arm when a trailer flipped and he was six.
Apparently they’re banned in Spain.
I’m sure you could cycle with your baby in a sling but I’d be too concerned about falling off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now