Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cycling experiences in the U.K. - ideally North England

(9 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Thu 29-Jun-17 21:32:04

Please help! It's my husbands 40th in December and I'd really like to get him an 'experience'as there's no object I can buy him he'd want or need. He's a keen road cyclist and loves the Tour de France and similar. We are in Cumbria but can travel a bit but not to London. I've looked at the velodrome in Manchester and emailed them but it's all a bit confusing and more like paying to go in a swimming pool than an experience I think? If you know what I mean. Has anyone got any ideas?! I am stumped.

PossumInAPearTree Thu 29-Jun-17 21:36:20

has he ever cycled Holme Moss in Yorkshire? It's a classic climb, so maybe facilitating that for a day by providing transport?

PossumInAPearTree Thu 29-Jun-17 21:37:34

Or would he be up for something like cycling the coast to coast? You could buy him baggage transfers?

BarchesterFlowers Thu 29-Jun-17 21:43:28

Why don't you contact a coast to coast ride organiser?

They will arrange transfers and b&bs etc. Lots of info here. He could do it in a weekend.

You could buy him a token voucher after talking to the organisers and he could schedule the no of days/time to suit himself.

I am arranging a C2C ride, unsupported, as a family charity ride. The thought of using an organised ride is bliss!!!

BarchesterFlowers Thu 29-Jun-17 21:44:12

Massive cross post there Possum!!

twolittleboysonetiredmum Fri 30-Jun-17 08:08:53

Facilitating a ride is a good idea thanks, I'm not sure he'd be up for being away as long as the c2c would take but I might investigate that. So hard to buy for!

Mumski45 Fri 30-Jun-17 09:12:35

An experienced road cyclist could do coast to coast in 2 days. I know some do in innone for a challenge. Would 1 night away be too much?

BarchesterFlowers Fri 30-Jun-17 09:16:28

I thought the same as Mumski45 too OP, DH would do it in two, we are taking four days with DD (11) on her own bike.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Fri 30-Jun-17 10:50:10

Oh cool, for some reason I had it in my head that it would take a week! Maybe I was thinking of my cycling fitness level!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now