Talk

Advanced search

I need a thing to put my phone in on my handlebars so I can use satnav?

(13 Posts)
katymac Tue 23-May-17 21:49:28

Do they exist?

Is there any chance I could buy one in a shop rather than online?

It's a balckberry priv in case that matters

SheepyFun Tue 23-May-17 21:58:03

DH uses this:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KJAQGZ8/?tag=mumsnetforum-21
and tells me it works reasonably well. As you may have spotted, we got it online. As to whether it's available in bike shops, I'm not sure.

Mumski45 Tue 23-May-17 22:57:07

If you are using it for sat nav I would seriously look into getting a garmin instead as using your phone will eat up the battery very quickly. I experimented with phone holders for a while and wasted money on various ones. Eve Italy gave in and bought a garmin 520 which was way better and meant that my phone battery was saved for emergency use if needed.

Mumski45 Tue 23-May-17 22:57:42

'eventually'

SandyDenny Tue 23-May-17 23:00:33

They do exist but I think you need to buy one online

www.holdersandmounts.co.uk/blackberry-priv-bike-handlebar-mounts-scooter-moped-mount/

katymac Wed 24-May-17 07:05:59

I'll keep popping in to shops if they exist

Travelling fo the next couple of months so can't get deliveries & prob won't need it afterwards

Thanks

katymac Wed 24-May-17 17:30:35

Look what I found in asda!!

SandyDenny Wed 24-May-17 20:48:11

That's good, how much was it?

katymac Wed 24-May-17 20:54:47

£13 - I was so surprised to see it - it's a little small but I can cope & the screen is touch sensitive!!

Results!

witchmountain Wed 24-May-17 23:03:33

Ah, see you're sorted. In case anyone else is interested, I highly recommend this: getfinn.com/en/
I had the Life Venture one before (a bit like the Ines Sandy and Sheepy linked to) but I much prefer this one. It's just as secure and you can stick it in a pocket.
There are a few people selling it online and tokyobike in London sell it in store too.

katymac Wed 24-May-17 23:13:38

Ooo I like yours witch....if I see one I may pass mine on to DH & buy a shiney new one!!

witchmountain Thu 25-May-17 09:00:59

Just realised I meant Life Proof rather than Life Venture, but anyway the Finn one is the best!

katymac Fri 26-May-17 09:14:27

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now