Talk

Advanced search

Cycle paths/tracks - which town in Essex/Suffolk has the best

(9 Posts)
katymac Sat 20-May-17 11:25:50

I am moving & I need a new job

So where I buy will need to be carefully thought-out

One of the things which will help me decide is the cyclepaths/tracks locally as I'd like to commute by bike IF possible

What towns are good?

katymac Sat 20-May-17 21:50:45

Bump

katymac Sun 21-May-17 10:40:52

Bump

katymac Sun 21-May-17 20:14:33

Final bump before I give up

katymac Sun 21-May-17 21:00:19

look what I found

Emphasise Sun 21-May-17 21:02:32

In Basildon you can get absolutely anywhere you need to go by bike without ever going on a road.

katymac Sun 21-May-17 21:09:00

Yes I wonderd about Basildon but my daughter assures me I wouldn't like it (possibly it's too close to herwink)

Emphasise Sun 21-May-17 21:15:21

Well you have to set any delusions of grandure aside and sadly not a great choice if you need schools but if you can get over your inner snob it's a great place. 30 min from central London, 30 min from the sea, surrounded by beautiful country parks and nature reserves. Every amenity you could imagine including excellent council owned sports facilities, all linked by a cycle network.

People on the whole good decent salt of the earth types, if a little rough round the edges.

katymac Sun 21-May-17 21:23:30

Well we are looking at retirement bungalows (if a bit early) so schools are less important I guess

I'll have a look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now