Talk

Advanced search

Photos taken on your cycle.

(157 Posts)
TheLongRider Mon 01-May-17 20:27:45

Is anyone up for a photo thread? Mumsnet is pretty international and there should be some good entries. I'll kick off with some from my ride today through the Irish countryside.

Mumski45 Mon 01-May-17 20:55:09

Here's a few from one of my favourite rides earlier this year in Cape Town.

Mumski45 Mon 01-May-17 21:00:18

And here is one taken at the top of Nic o Pendle in Lancashire.
I love a good photo thread 🚴‍♀️

BarchesterFlowers Mon 01-May-17 21:17:16

Nice idea for a thread.

Stunning photos!

Will try to remember to take one in my ride to work this week as it is really pretty at this time of year.

We used to have a general cycle chat thread in exercise that was lovely but it disappeared when the cycling topic was created (and hidden/lost in in the club).

TheLongRider Mon 01-May-17 21:21:34

I've just started a query in Site stuff about regrouping the exercise topics. Feel free to wade in...

Iamastonished Mon 01-May-17 21:29:20

Bluebells

FlaviaAlbia Mon 01-May-17 21:38:37

Brilliant thread idea. Mostly I take photos of the cake at coffee stops grin but I ride in some beautiful areas so I should really take some photos of them..

Iamastonished Mon 01-May-17 21:48:22

Mine was from a walk, not a bike ride. The ones I took yesterday when I went out on my bike were of the Tour De Yorkshire, but not particularly scenic ones.

TryingToJuggle Mon 01-May-17 21:54:19

I've just started cycling. This is from the New Forest a few weeks ago!

TheLongRider Mon 01-May-17 21:59:29

Cake is good too! 🍰

Please note the thread title is "Photos taken on your cycle", it's an inclusive thread for all kinds of photos, from cake to fly-tipping to bus shelters and traffic jams. It doesn't have to be pretty.

Keep posting smile

TheLongRider Mon 01-May-17 22:01:03

I found bluebells in a beech wood as well today.

Living up to my name

JaneEyre70 Mon 01-May-17 22:02:01

I took these last summer when riding round our village with my youngest DD...it was a lovely evening and the light was gorgeous. One is the cider apple orchard that always blossoms really late and smells heavenly.

Iamastonished Mon 01-May-17 22:09:41

Unfortunately I won't be riding my bike for a little while as I came off it yesterday and can't bend my left knee. Yesterday was my first outdoor ride this year as well.

TheLongRider Mon 01-May-17 22:31:36

iamastonished I hope your knee heals quickly and that you'll be back pedalling around for the rest of the summer.

Iamastonished Mon 01-May-17 22:33:28

Thank you. It gave me quite a fright.

Mumski45 Tue 02-May-17 00:51:02

Sorry to hear about your fall Iamastonished, hope you are back on your bike soon.

Photos are fab. I should remind myself to stop more often to take photos. I tend to only do it when out with the boys.

Spartak Tue 02-May-17 00:59:59

Camel Trail a couple of miles outside Padstow last September.

BarchesterFlowers Tue 02-May-17 08:06:40

This morning a couple of miles out of pateley bridge (on TDY route) I do stop frequently at the top of the big hills but am generally too focused on breathing to get my phone out.

Hope you heal quickly astonished.

Ifailed Tue 02-May-17 08:18:11

helping out at a bike race over the weekend:

BarchesterFlowers Tue 02-May-17 09:42:13

I like this thread 😀.

I liked the old chat thread too, perhaps we could have one of those again. There were some really lovely people on it. I remember chopstheduck (I think) who was a bike ability instructor.

There were all sorts of folk on there, people like me who admire the view, proper speedy people, mountain bikers. All chatting about their cycling.

This week I would be saying that I am delighted to be back on my bike properly after a winter of illness but my seat bones are sore from riding too much too soon.

I have bought some new bars. I always knew mine were a bit narrow despite buying the right size for me on the chart (randonneur so narrower on the top than the drops). After squeezing my cleavage again this weekend I have taken the plunge and splurged on two sizes up, one down from DH's.

I sat on his bike yesterday to try his and almost needed winching off.

FlaviaAlbia Tue 02-May-17 16:41:29

Ouch Iamastonished hope you're back on soon!

This is the last pic I took on a cycle, I was too hungry to take a pic before I ate the scone though grin it was a shorts and bare arms day, it was lovely.

sheepysheep Wed 03-May-17 16:59:37

Oooo, fab grin
My photo is somewhat out of remit as today was a run day (triathlon training at the moment) - I'm away with work so a nice early morning amble along the Berwickshire coastal path. Cycling day on Friday ... I will take my phone with me for a picture smile

FlaviaAlbia Wed 03-May-17 17:13:44

That is stunning sheepy!

sheepysheep Wed 03-May-17 20:01:06

It was lovely if a little bracing first thing - with the added bonus of saying I ran to Scotland and back this morning wink

C0untDucku1a Wed 03-May-17 20:03:59

I did not notice the forum this thread was in. This was not the thread i was expecting, although i also had no idea what to expect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now