Talk

Advanced search

Anyone pregnant and still riding

(12 Posts)
cyclinggirl22 Mon 15-Aug-16 18:04:53

Hey, is anyone out there currently pregnant and still riding? If not what stage did you have to stop. I'm currently 11 weeks and still managing about 100 miles/week but wondering when it will come to an end and I can no longer reach my handle bars!
Never mind the bloating in Lycra blush

everdene Mon 15-Aug-16 18:14:40

I'm planning to ride for as long as possible - the only 'danger' would be wobbling due to the different centre of gravity.

My DSis ran until 24 weeks and cycled until it became uncomfortable. I'm just planning to listen to my body!

Phalarope Mon 15-Aug-16 18:23:23

Me. 31 weeks, although it's only a 4 mile commute to work, and I'm a lot slower than even a few weeks ago. Need it to not rain as I can't zip my waterproof up any more...

choccybiscuit Wed 17-Aug-16 12:12:50

I'm glad to find this thread! I'm also very interested. I'm currently 5+3 and getting very paranoid about every pothole I go over! Crazy I know but still in the early days and im a worrier. I'm hoping to ride as long as possible until it's uncomfortable.

ButtMuncher Wed 17-Aug-16 12:17:45

No advice but wanted to salute you all for commitment - I was absolutely useless keeping up with my cycling once I fell blush

ButtMuncher Wed 17-Aug-16 12:17:58

Fell pregnant that is, sorry!

cyclinggirl22 Thu 18-Aug-16 16:11:25

choccy I was the same, worried about everything but I've relaxed a little. I'm going to continue as long as I can't and I don't feel much difference now. My friend had said when she got to 10 weeks it became uncomfortable so I'm thankful I've gone past that

choccybiscuit Sat 20-Aug-16 08:44:09

That's reassuring cyclinggirl. I think I'm worried more because I keep have pink spotting for nearly two weeks now. I'm trying to stay relaxed though and hopefully it will ease soon. Well done for getting good past 10 weeks though!
buttmuncher thank you!

1004Rise Sun 30-Oct-16 08:31:45

No, the last thing I've felt like doing unfortunately is getting on my bike, I'm 11 weeks and hoping that when the "glowing" part of pregnancy kicks in I'll be more up for it. I do miss it I just have no energy. My problem is going to be reining it in a bit as most of my cycling involves throwing myself down steep singletrack and I've already been demoted to chief cheerleader at the 24 hr event we were going to do in January. I do have a turbo set up in the spare room that I'm hoping I'll be able to keep going on for longer though. confused

lljkk Sun 30-Oct-16 08:45:10

I rode to 39-41 weeks, but not 100 miles/week, tbf smile. Up to 35 in one day, I suppose.

choccybiscuit Tue 15-Nov-16 11:32:09

Yep, still going at nearly 20 weeks. How's everyone else doing? I must admit I'm finding it harder. Dh put an extention on the handlebars do they are higher now which helps a lot. When I experience braxton hicks I just coast until it passes.

noodlmcdoodl Tue 29-Nov-16 22:24:13

I'm still going strong at 37 weeks, albeit at plodding pace. I'm doing about 10-12 hours a week and can comfortably manage 3-4 hours in one go. Climbing isn't an issue (other than being slower/ harder) which is just as well as its pretty hilly where I live. I average 1,000ft climbing per hour. I'm still on my normal winter road bike although I've had to swap to a shorter stem, put a spacer under it to raise bar height and moved my saddle up a fraction. I've not had any issues whatsoever with balance... I've concluded that it isn't relevant to someone who rides regularly through pregnancy. I can't see why I won't keep going all the way through - I just wish I knew exactly when baby plans to appear so I can have a few days off the bike beforehand!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now